The look of the Blade 1500

Roger Williams

I've just seen the picture of the Blade 1500 at

http://www.sun.com/desktop/sunblade1500/

and my first impression is "Ughh". Does it look better in actuality?

(I really liked the Sparc 10/20 pizza cases...)

--
Roger Williams, Institute of Geological & Nuclear Sciences, New Zealand
R.Williams

Scott Howard

Roger Williams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've just seen the picture of the Blade 1500 at
>
> http://www.sun.com/desktop/sunblade1500/
>
> and my first impression is "Ughh". Does it look better in actuality?

Thanksfully, yes! (Or at least I think it does). I had to look twice
when I first saw it, but it does actually look quite good.

Scott.

Griff Miller

Roger Williams wrote:

> I've just seen the picture of the Blade 1500 at
>
> http://www.sun.com/desktop/sunblade1500/
>
> and my first impression is "Ughh". Does it look better in actuality?

I just looked. Actually, that's pretty cool, IMO.

> (I really liked the Sparc 10/20 pizza cases...)

Me, too. Very compact. But not cool (in the thermal sense).

--
Griff Miller II | |
Manager of Information Technology | "This space has been blankly |

Rich Teer

On 19 Sep 2003, Scott Howard wrote:

> Thanksfully, yes! (Or at least I think it does). I had to look twice
> when I first saw it, but it does actually look quite good.

Does the Sun logo glow, like the SB [12]000? Now THAT
was cool. I do echo the "ugly" sentiments, though. I'm
surprised Sun didn't stick the new machines into the
SB 2000 case (to reduce costs due to increased volume).

I wouldn't mind seeing one in the flesh, though.

--
Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

Chris Morgan

Rich Teer <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Does the Sun logo glow, like the SB [12]000? Now THAT
> was cool. I do echo the "ugly" sentiments, though. I'm
> surprised Sun didn't stick the new machines into the
> SB 2000 case (to reduce costs due to increased volume).

I think you would understand why not if you had an Ultra 80, or Blade
1000/2000, The case is a monster and built like a tank. It's possibly
just too damn expensive for a $3k machine.

Actually, I'm lying, it's terrible, so please everyone don't keep
buying these things for so much money on ebay, and let me get one of
my own for home for peanuts

Chris
--
Chris Morgan
"Post posting of policy changes by the boss will result in

- anonymous correspondent

LOOK LOOK LOOK ed Gigabyte 1 07-09-2006 10:13 AM
CD-RW model for Sun Blade 1500? Jack Howarth Sun Hardware 0 08-29-2004 12:11 AM
Blade 1500 and USB memory stick question Lee Tracey Sun Hardware 1 07-24-2004 02:10 PM
WTS Sun Fire V100, V120, V210, V240, V250, 280R, V440, V480 & Sun Blade 1500, 2000 (Sun Microsystems) Nikolaj Johansen Sun Hardware 0 12-12-2003 12:33 PM
Solaris 9 not supported on Blade 1500? hg2003n2@rd.isc.tohoku.ac.jp Sun Hardware 5 11-17-2003 01:06 AM