looking for advice on getting website noticed

Frank

Been over a year since I moved this website from my old dial up isp to
Comcast:

http://home.comcast.net/~frank.logullo/Msds.html

I had been with dialup isp for over 10 years and was getting maybe 2
inquiries/month for my part time consulting service.

Now with Comcast, I just did not get noticed or picked up by browsers. I
think I've added only one new client in past year. I inquired Comcast
ng group at time and someone suggested I get a site at 1&1 and I have
done this:

http://www.logullo.biz/Msds.html

It's been less than a week and I submitted to Google and other free
listers but not showing up on searches yet.

I'm open to any advice from group. I'm retired and not looking for a
ton or business but want to maintain or improve bit I have to keep
professionally active.

On the GW side, I noticed Best Buy is selling e machines but no GW's.
Is our favorite computer maker now defunct? I remember the sale and
bankruptcy.

Frank

Frank

On Jun 14, 2:23*pm, "Joan F \(MI\)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> I think you would get better results putting it on a job search site, try
> *http://www.job-hunt.org/http://www.q..._50_sites.html
>
> Frank wrote:
>
> | Been over a year since I moved this website from my old dial up isp to
> | Comcast:
> |
> |http://home.comcast.net/~frank.logullo/Msds.html
> |
> | I had been with dialup isp for over 10 years and was getting maybe 2
> | inquiries/month for my part time consulting service.
> |
> | Now with Comcast, I just did not get noticed or picked up by
> | browsers. I think I've added only one new client in past year. *I
> | inquired Comcast ng group at time and someone suggested I get a site
> | at 1&1 and I have done this:
> |
> |http://www.logullo.biz/Msds.html
> |
> | It's been less than a week and I submitted to Google and other free
> | listers but not showing up on searches yet.
> |
> | I'm open to any advice from group. *I'm retired and not looking for a
> | ton or business but want to maintain or improve bit I have to keep
> | professionally active.
> |
> | On the GW side, I noticed Best Buy is selling e machines but no GW's.
> | Is our favorite computer maker now defunct? *I remember the sale and
> | bankruptcy.
> |
> | Frank

Thanks but not quite what I'm looking for. I'm listed in other places
like Linked In and my name pops up right away. Same with two groups I
quit consulting for over a year ago. logullo.biz so far gets no hits.

wrote:
> I think you would get better results putting it on a job search site, try
> *http://www.job-hunt.org/http://www.q..._50_sites.html

I had also posted this question to Comcast ng:
alt . online-service . comcast
Got responses far byond my expectations and readers may want to view
thread.
It appears my main problem was editing over the years from original
HTML through gui with MS Word, Netscape, Open office etc. which all
added crap to documents ballooning them to 10X what they needed to be
and search engines were rejecting them.

One respondent even took my main site and stripped it of all the
useless HTML.

Now I've got these sites cleaned up and hope they will get picked up.

Frank

Kevin Childers

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
wrote:
> I think you would get better results putting it on a job search site, try
> http://www.job-hunt.org/http://www.q..._50_sites.html

I had also posted this question to Comcast ng:
alt . online-service . comcast
Got responses far byond my expectations and readers may want to view
thread.
It appears my main problem was editing over the years from original
HTML through gui with MS Word, Netscape, Open office etc. which all
added crap to documents ballooning them to 10X what they needed to be
and search engines were rejecting them.

One respondent even took my main site and stripped it of all the
useless HTML.

Now I've got these sites cleaned up and hope they will get picked up.

Frank

Hi Frank,

I am in a simular situation with a full time job, but still looking for
a little better outside money. If you have the patients you can also do a
daily scan on the likes of Craig's List and such. A ;lot of crap ads, but
there are the occasional gems. I picked up a position as the local tech for
an out of state company @ $75.00 per hr. I only work 3 to 5 hours a month
for them, but along with my regular gig an a dozen or so other side jobs I
get by.

If variety it is the spice of life, this arraignment is some where between
salsa and curry.

KMC

Frank

Kevin Childers wrote:
> "Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Jun 14, 2:23 pm, "Joan F \(MI\)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> I think you would get better results putting it on a job search site, try
>> http://www.job-hunt.org/http://www.q..._50_sites.html
>>

> I had also posted this question to Comcast ng:
> alt . online-service . comcast
> Got responses far byond my expectations and readers may want to view
> thread.
> It appears my main problem was editing over the years from original
> HTML through gui with MS Word, Netscape, Open office etc. which all
> added crap to documents ballooning them to 10X what they needed to be
> and search engines were rejecting them.
>
> One respondent even took my main site and stripped it of all the
> useless HTML.
>
> Now I've got these sites cleaned up and hope they will get picked up.
>
> Frank
>
> Hi Frank,
>
> I am in a simular situation with a full time job, but still looking for
> a little better outside money. If you have the patients you can also do a
> daily scan on the likes of Craig's List and such. A ;lot of crap ads, but
> there are the occasional gems. I picked up a position as the local tech for
> an out of state company @ $75.00 per hr. I only work 3 to 5 hours a month
> for them, but along with my regular gig an a dozen or so other side jobs I
> get by.
>
> If variety it is the spice of life, this arraignment is some where between
> salsa and curry.
>
> KMC

Thanks. I'm not hurting and consulting work I have is pretty consistent
at 2-4 days/month but most of it comes from one client who is solid now
but who knows what the future may be. I was just hoping to get more
inquiries from my internet websites. Now I think it was the new MS Word
and Open Office editing that added boat anchor html to them keeping them
out of the search engines. Using NVU or now KompoZer gives clean
websites. Now I'm waiting to see if the search engines pick them up.
If not, I'll blame my lose of grandfather status, i.e. my old sites were
put out 15 years ago when the internet was in it's infancy compared to
today.