Looking for Heat sink/fan for HP Pavilion a1010n

fadeToblack

nothing on ebay. hope I don't have to buy a complete MBoard.

Celeron 340 (P) 2.93 GHz
Socket 478
Motherboard Manufacturer's name - MSI MS-6577 v4.0 GL6E

I think the part number is #5187-5651.

Thanks for any help.

Ben Myers

You do not need the exact HP part number. Most any garden variety Socket 478
heat sink/fan will do. The motherboard has a garden-variety 3-pin power
connector for the fan. The plastic retention bracket to which the heat sink/fan
attaches is absolutely standard.

You could do worse than install a standard Intel-branded heat sink/fan, although
they are a pain in the ass to remove, if you ever need to do so. There are
other options too.

I replace original manufacturers' parts all the time with generic or otherwise
comparable parts, and nobody is the worse for it. Not me. Not the computer.
Not the owner, who gets quicker turnaround on a repair. For the most part, HP
uses standard form factor parts in its towers, the exception being that the
power supplies in some models are smaller than standard, yet another computer
industry pain in the ass... Ben Myers