Looking for an information source for innovative software applications

Love Work

As a newbie, I would like to get updated about the "news" of the software
industry. If software industry sounds too wide, I have special interests in
embedded products and web applications. I would like to check for all those
innovative technologies and products recently developed, and keep informed.
It is a better a website so I can visit it anytime. Does anybody know such
an information source and want to share?

Thank you!

Mark

--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to (E-Mail Removed) ---

Walter Banks

Love Work wrote:

> As a newbie, I would like to get updated about the "news" of the software
> industry. If software industry sounds too wide, I have special interests in
> embedded products and web applications. I would like to check for all those
> innovative technologies and products recently developed, and keep informed.
> It is a better a website so I can visit it anytime. Does anybody know such
> an information source and want to share?

Mark,

Google Alerts are like a real time Google search that emails you when new
material is found on a topic.

w..

Rich Webb

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 15:49:18 -0600, "Love Work" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>As a newbie, I would like to get updated about the "news" of the software
>industry. If software industry sounds too wide, I have special interests in
>embedded products and web applications. I would like to check for all those
>innovative technologies and products recently developed, and keep informed.
>It is a better a website so I can visit it anytime. Does anybody know such
>an information source and want to share?

http://www.embedded.com That URL presently redirects to a parent site at
http://www.eetimes.com/design/embedded although they're indicated that
the original embedded.com domain may be resuscitated. (holy crap! I
spelled that right on the first try!). Also, go up one level to the
parent at EETimes. Another over at http://www.edn.com/. These should get
you started...

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

George Neuner

wrote:

>As a newbie, I would like to get updated about the "news" of the software
>industry. If software industry sounds too wide, I have special interests in
>embedded products and web applications. I would like to check for all those
>innovative technologies and products recently developed, and keep informed.
>It is a better a website so I can visit it anytime. Does anybody know such
>an information source and want to share?
>
>Thank you!
>
>Mark

In addition to the other good suggestions, you may want to look into
membership in ACM or IEEE. These can be a bit expensive, but both
organizations have extensive online research libraries and there are
many special interest groups (IEEE calls them "societies") with
publications concentrating on various subjects.

http://www.acm.org/
http://www.ieee.org/

George

Love Work

Thank you Walter!

"Walter Banks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Love Work wrote:
>
>> As a newbie, I would like to get updated about the "news" of the software
>> industry. If software industry sounds too wide, I have special interests
>> in
>> embedded products and web applications. I would like to check for all
>> those
>> innovative technologies and products recently developed, and keep
>> informed.
>> It is a better a website so I can visit it anytime. Does anybody know
>> such
>> an information source and want to share?

> Mark,
>
> Google Alerts are like a real time Google search that emails you when new
> material is found on a topic.
>
> w..

--- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to (E-Mail Removed) ---

Love Work

Thank you Rich!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...