Looking for a laptop video chip block diagram for educational purposes

BillW50

Looking for a laptop video chip block diagram for educational purposes.
Make and model doesn't matter. Just one that allows for two independent
displays (Internal and external). Which AFAIK requires a dual head video
chip. TIA

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3

Ben Myers

On 12/22/2010 5:18 PM, BillW50 wrote:
> Looking for a laptop video chip block diagram for educational purposes.
> Make and model doesn't matter. Just one that allows for two independent
> displays (Internal and external). Which AFAIK requires a dual head video
> chip. TIA

Why not see what there is on the Intel, AMD/ATI and nVidia web sites?
After all, they are the only three graphics chip companies left
standing. Intel's graphics are generally well into the main CPU
chipset, but their specs are almost always exemplary. Wish other
companies would document their hardware and software as well... Ben Myers

BillW50

In news:ietumo$jff$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org,
Ben Myers typed on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:39:20 -0500:
> On 12/22/2010 5:18 PM, BillW50 wrote:
>> Looking for a laptop video chip block diagram for educational
>> purposes. Make and model doesn't matter. Just one that allows for
>> two independent displays (Internal and external). Which AFAIK
>> requires a dual head video chip. TIA
>>

> Why not see what there is on the Intel, AMD/ATI and nVidia web sites?
> After all, they are the only three graphics chip companies left
> standing. Intel's graphics are generally well into the main CPU
> chipset, but their specs are almost always exemplary. Wish other
> companies would document their hardware and software as well... Ben
> Myers

Much thanks Ben... I'll see what I can find.