Looking for MMC for All In Wonder 128 AGP w/Win2K

Bruce Morgen

Picked up the card used and
had no trouble finding
drivers, but still looking
for some way to simply watch
TV -- DSCALER doesn't seem
to work even though all the
WDM drives are installed and
apparently functional.

Thanks in advance for any
and all help!

T Shadow

"Bruce Morgen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Picked up the card used and
> had no trouble finding
> drivers, but still looking
> for some way to simply watch
> TV -- DSCALER doesn't seem
> to work even though all the
> WDM drives are installed and
> apparently functional.
>
> Thanks in advance for any
> and all help!

I have a dual boot W98/W2K computer. ~6months ago lost capture device for
AIW128PRO in both O/S. Thought it was a hardware problem. Recently
reformatted the HDD. After reinstalling both O/S the capture device shows in
W98 but not in W2K. Have a newer computer that I do video on so haven't
bothered to try to figure out what's up. if your seeing the capture driver
it should be ok.

An ATI disc with MMC7.2 or MMC 7.7, depending on which AIW128 you have,
would be ideal. It would also have the DVD decoder that never could be
downloaded. Not impossible you could find the older versions of MMC on the
web but a short Google search didn't find any.

Free programs GB-PVR and Media Portal would be good to look at for
supporting your card.

Bruce Morgen

"T Shadow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bruce Morgen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Picked up the card used and
>> had no trouble finding
>> drivers, but still looking
>> for some way to simply watch
>> TV -- DSCALER doesn't seem
>> to work even though all the
>> WDM drives are installed and
>> apparently functional.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any
>> and all help!
>>

>I have a dual boot W98/W2K computer. ~6months ago lost capture device for
>AIW128PRO in both O/S. Thought it was a hardware problem. Recently
>reformatted the HDD. After reinstalling both O/S the capture device shows in
>W98 but not in W2K. Have a newer computer that I do video on so haven't
>bothered to try to figure out what's up. if your seeing the capture driver
>it should be ok.
>
>An ATI disc with MMC7.2 or MMC 7.7, depending on which AIW128 you have,
>would be ideal. It would also have the DVD decoder that never could be
>downloaded. Not impossible you could find the older versions of MMC on the
>web but a short Google search didn't find any.
>
>Free programs GB-PVR and Media Portal would be good to look at for
>supporting your card.

Thanks for the advice -- no
joy so far, but I will keep
on trying....

Bruce Morgen

Bruce Morgen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"T Shadow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"Bruce Morgen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> Picked up the card used and
>>> had no trouble finding
>>> drivers, but still looking
>>> for some way to simply watch
>>> TV -- DSCALER doesn't seem
>>> to work even though all the
>>> WDM drives are installed and
>>> apparently functional.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any
>>> and all help!
>>>

>>I have a dual boot W98/W2K computer. ~6months ago lost capture device for
>>AIW128PRO in both O/S. Thought it was a hardware problem. Recently
>>reformatted the HDD. After reinstalling both O/S the capture device shows in
>>W98 but not in W2K. Have a newer computer that I do video on so haven't
>>bothered to try to figure out what's up. if your seeing the capture driver
>>it should be ok.
>>
>>An ATI disc with MMC7.2 or MMC 7.7, depending on which AIW128 you have,
>>would be ideal. It would also have the DVD decoder that never could be
>>downloaded. Not impossible you could find the older versions of MMC on the
>>web but a short Google search didn't find any.
>>
>>Free programs GB-PVR and Media Portal would be good to look at for
>>supporting your card.

>Thanks for the advice -- no
>joy so far, but I will keep
>on trying....

Finally found v7.2 -- and,
remarkably, it works. Your
help was vital -- thank you
very much! No DVD support
in the download I found,
but I'm sure I'll find a
way to get that done too.

Much appreciated, sir!

T Shadow

"Bruce Morgen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bruce Morgen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >"T Shadow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >>"Bruce Morgen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> >>An ATI disc with MMC7.2 or MMC 7.7, depending on which AIW128 you have,
> >>would be ideal. It would also have the DVD decoder that never could be
> >>downloaded. Not impossible you could find the older versions of MMC on

the
> >>web but a short Google search didn't find any.
> >>

> >Thanks for the advice -- no
> >joy so far, but I will keep
> >on trying....

> Finally found v7.2 -- and,
> remarkably, it works. Your
> help was vital -- thank you
> very much! No DVD support
> in the download I found,
> but I'm sure I'll find a
> way to get that done too.
>
> Much appreciated, sir!

Great!
The ATI program that installs the decoder checks to see if you have the disc
for proof of ownership. Not really a problem Most other DVD player programs
are better.

7.2 is OK and way better than no program but 7.7 has actual TVoD. AFAIK it
doesn't work with the standard AIW128 but does with the PRO. Worth at least
some searching IMHO.

This comes up 2-3 times a year. If you got it online sharing the link may
help someone else.

Bruce Morgen

"T Shadow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bruce Morgen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Bruce Morgen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>the
>> >>
>> >Thanks for the advice -- no
>> >joy so far, but I will keep
>> >on trying....

>> Finally found v7.2 -- and,
>> remarkably, it works. Your
>> help was vital -- thank you
>> very much! No DVD support
>> in the download I found,
>> but I'm sure I'll find a
>> way to get that done too.
>>
>> Much appreciated, sir!
>>

>Great!
>The ATI program that installs the decoder checks to see if you have the disc
>for proof of ownership. Not really a problem Most other DVD player programs
>are better.
>
>7.2 is OK and way better than no program but 7.7 has actual TVoD. AFAIK it
>doesn't work with the standard AIW128 but does with the PRO. Worth at least
>some searching IMHO.
>
>This comes up 2-3 times a year. If you got it online sharing the link may
>help someone else.

I'm a bit paranoid that ATI
might go after the Russian
site hosting the file --
but, here's that link:

<http://driverscollection.com/?H=Multimedia%20Center&By=ATI>

Thanks again!

T Shadow

"Bruce Morgen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I'm a bit paranoid that ATI
> might go after the Russian
> site hosting the file --
> but, here's that link:
>
> <http://driverscollection.com/?H=Multimedia%20Center&By=ATI>
>
> Thanks again!

If only ATI gave a crap .

Bruce Morgen

"T Shadow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bruce Morgen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>

>> I'm a bit paranoid that ATI
>> might go after the Russian
>> site hosting the file --
>> but, here's that link:
>>
>> <http://driverscollection.com/?H=Multimedia%20Center&By=ATI>
>>
>> Thanks again!

>If only ATI gave a crap .

I dunno, they seem so extreme
not hosting host their own old
software (as if it's of any
use without old hardware?) I
figured they might be extreme
about protecting their
copyrights too. Maybe I'm
a tad paranoid.....

Bruce Morgen

Bruce Morgen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"T Shadow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"Bruce Morgen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>

>>> I'm a bit paranoid that ATI
>>> might go after the Russian
>>> site hosting the file --
>>> but, here's that link:
>>>
>>> <http://driverscollection.com/?H=Multimedia%20Center&By=ATI>
>>>
>>> Thanks again!

>>If only ATI gave a crap .

>I dunno, they seem so extreme
>not hosting host their own old
>software (as if it's of any
>use without old hardware?) I
>figured they might be extreme
>about protecting their
>copyrights too. Maybe I'm
>a tad paranoid.....

Finally turned up (entirely
by accident -- I was looking
for information on the
dreaded "MVD codec" problem)
a downloadable MMC 7.7 here:

<http://www.biline.ca/dl_files/MMC-7-7-0-1-noDVD.exe>

T Shadow

"Bruce Morgen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bruce Morgen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> Finally turned up (entirely
> by accident -- I was looking
> for information on the
> dreaded "MVD codec" problem)
> a downloadable MMC 7.7 here:
>
> <http://www.biline.ca/dl_files/MMC-7-7-0-1-noDVD.exe>

Interesting site. I only have a couple prerecorded VHS tapes so never
bothered to get into it but I do keep files when I find them. Just in case.
Probably the best article I've seen on Macrovision with the AIW. Still seems
to be a PIA.

He never mentions the capture chip. IIRC the AIW9000 had the Theater100 not
the newer theater200.

In case any one else is interested.
http://www.biline.ca/ati_macrovision.htm