Looking for an update

Hanz

I have the following:
1. Intel DH57JG motherboard
2. Intel Core I3-530 CPU
3. 2BG DDR3-1333 RAM

I want up upgrade to a newer/faster system.

Any ideas?

Hanz

Shaun

"Hanz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have the following:
> 1. Intel DH57JG motherboard
> 2. Intel Core I3-530 CPU
> 3. 2BG DDR3-1333 RAM
>
> I want up upgrade to a newer/faster system.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Hanz

Well considering you have a Core i3 suggests that you didn't buy it all that
long ago. Why don't you check to see if you can put a Core i5 in it. Then
buy at least 4 GB of memory for it. Does that motherboard have on board
video and sound? If it does then buy a decent video card for it. This way
your not spending all that money for a new system, you just upgrade what you
already have.

Shaun

Shaun

"Hanz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have the following:
> 1. Intel DH57JG motherboard
> 2. Intel Core I3-530 CPU
> 3. 2BG DDR3-1333 RAM
>
> I want up upgrade to a newer/faster system.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Hanz

Hey Hanz; here's the specs for your motherboard:
http://www.intel.com/products/deskto...g-overview.htm

It has onboard video, you could check the manual and see if you can add a
better video card. You can put in a Core i5, and you can install 2 - 4GB
memory sticks for a total of 8GB, you'll have to remove the old memory
sticks and try to sell them. Maybe put in another hard drive for storing
download as stuff.

Hope this helps,

Shaun

Bill Davidsen

Hanz wrote:
> I have the following:
> 1. Intel DH57JG motherboard
> 2. Intel Core I3-530 CPU
> 3. 2BG DDR3-1333 RAM
>
> I want up upgrade to a newer/faster system.
>
> Any ideas?

Before you even consider spending money, define what you mean by "faster." If
you are held back by video you can upgrade that. If you are held up by CPU in
compute bound jobs, you can upgrade that or maybe overclock. More memory will
often make things faster, unless you have tiny compute bound job(s). And if disk
is an issue, putting the stuff you use most on an SSD will be the cost effective
first upgrade. And if you mean slow getting stuff off the net, monitor your
actual transfer speed on the websites you actually use.

Unless you want to just buy state of the art everything, and have the budget to
do it, find out what's making your system slow and fix that first.

You asked a very vague question, sorry if the answer isn't much better.

Re: Looking for BIOS Update Justin Thompson Gateway 29 10-10-2009 01:10 PM
Sony Vaio FXA32 - looking for internal CDRW, harddrive update gerdbstn@yahoo.com Laptops 0 05-16-2005 04:57 PM
Looking - Looking - Looking R A Matrox 0 07-20-2004 01:15 PM
hi, Does anyone know where can I get an EVD player. EVDs are 5 times the resolution of DVD and it has much superior audio quality. I am looking for a EVD writer for movie recording. Looking for EVD writer/burner. myth Hardware 1 06-21-2004 12:38 AM
looking for Conflict Catcher 9.0.1 update Big Bird Apple 0 12-18-2003 12:48 AM