lost combination

Mammers

I have lost my combination to open up my laptop. Does anyone know how to
bypass this?

Rainald Taesler

Mammers wrote:
> I have lost my combination to open up my laptop. Does anyone know
> how to bypass this?

What do you meab by "open up " the laptop?
Do you mean loggin-on to windows and the password is forgotten?

Rainald

Beverly Howard

Time to contact the computer mfg... give them your machine's serial
number as well as complete contact information and they call back and
will provide options to bypass the startup password.

Beverly Howard

Rainald Taesler

Beverly Howard wrote:

>> I have lost my combination to open up my laptop. Does anyone
>> know how to bypass this?

> Time to contact the computer mfg... give them your machine's serial
> number as well as complete contact information and they call back and
> will provide options to bypass the startup password.

This refers only to a "Power-ON" password.
But we do not *know* what the OP wanted to say.

Apart: With some TabletPCs (like HP/COMPAQ ones) it's pretty easy to
remove Power-On and BIOS-Setup passwords. No need to call the
manufacturer, just RTFM.
It's ways easier with those PWs than with a Windows PW.

Rainald

Sven

What if TFM is on TFLaptop, or you need TFLaptop to get on TFWeb to download
it

"Rainald Taesler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uBs%(E-Mail Removed)...

> Apart: With some TabletPCs (like HP/COMPAQ ones) it's pretty easy to
> remove Power-On and BIOS-Setup passwords. No need to call the
> manufacturer, just RTFM.
> It's ways easier with those PWs than with a Windows PW.
>
> Rainald

Rainald Taesler

Sven wrote:
> "Rainald Taesler" wrote:
>
>> Apart: With some TabletPCs (like HP/COMPAQ ones) it's pretty easy to
>> remove Power-On and BIOS-Setup passwords. No need to call the
>> manufacturer, just RTFM.
>> It's ways easier with those PWs than with a Windows PW.

> What if TFM is on TFLaptop, or you need TFLaptop to get on TFWeb to
> download it

ROFLMAO
I have heard saying that were days where one had printed FMs.

One workaround for this Catch22 situation might be to just be reactive
and let helpers who don't have crystal balls know
(a) what the problem really is and what "open up my laptop" means;
(b) which make and model of laptop.

Rainald

Sven

yea. I kind of figure that English isn't language #1 for the OP. Always
impressed those folks even try to ask. They typically do way better than I
could in my second language asking in a technical forum. Maybe he will ask
again with some different words. If it is the logon password, Googling, or
Binging, for one of the assorted linux based password cracking boot disks
would likely do the trick, if he has a friend that can do that for him.
Since he posted though, must have some access to the ether.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

ATI chipset + ATI GPU _or_ nForce chipset + nVidia GPU -- Which combination performs better? andrew.gullans@gmail.com Asus 25 02-13-2006 04:28 AM
ATI chipset + ATI GPU _or_ nForce chipset + nVidia GPU -- Which combination performs better? andrew.gullans@gmail.com Abit 13 02-01-2006 02:41 AM
System combination Mikky Asus 3 11-20-2005 06:29 PM
Combination P5AD2 and EAX600XT ( Radeon ) graphics card Roland Asus 0 02-28-2005 05:37 PM
A7N8X Deluxe CPU and memory combination Doink Asus 15 01-06-2004 02:28 PM