lots of pink lines on lcd

mini chifa

I booted up my laptop today and there was this pink haze wherever there
was white. Now it has changed to thin pink lines every other pixel
wherever there is white. I checked it with another monitor and there
were no pink lines. I was reading in another article and one of the
tests was to flex the lcd slightly. I did so and it fixed it. --> it
changed back to hazy then it cleared up and turned white.

I brought it back to school and the charger could have easily pressed
on the lcd.
the laptop is still under warranty, should i get this checked out or
not worry about it.

thanks,
-matt

Barry Watzman

It sounds like a bad LCD panel. you have to be very careful about
pressure on the LCD panel. Get it checked out, but unless you have an
extended warranty with accidental damage coverage, it may not be covered
if they think that you did it (or that any form of physical damage occured).

paulmd@efn.org

mini chifa wrote:
> I booted up my laptop today and there was this pink haze wherever there
> was white. Now it has changed to thin pink lines every other pixel
> wherever there is white. I checked it with another monitor and there
> were no pink lines. I was reading in another article and one of the
> tests was to flex the lcd slightly. I did so and it fixed it. --> it
> changed back to hazy then it cleared up and turned white.
>
> I brought it back to school and the charger could have easily pressed
> on the lcd.
> the laptop is still under warranty, should i get this checked out or
> not worry about it.

Warranty. Get it fixed while you still can.

> thanks,
> -matt

submarine

Sounds like the LCD panel could be the issue or the inverter.

But since yo have warranty call it in cause it's obviously not normal.

ssmiff

Some friends and I had the same problem on our laptop which got
steadily worse. It turned out to be heat damage to the video card.
It is pretty serious you should definitely get that looked at.