low-cost PCI-X motherboard?

Artie Ziff

Hello,

I am looking for the least-cost x86 motherboard with a PCI-X (133MHz)
slot.

Would anyone happen to know of MB manufacturer that I should check out?
I have found PCI-X on a few relatively high-end motherboards requiring
high-end processors, like Xeons or 3GHz P4's. I'm hoping to build a
super-cheap system with PCI-X perhaps with an Athlon XP.

Cheers,
AZ

(note: PCI-X is not PCI-E aka PCI-Express).

Paul

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>, "Artie
Ziff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for the least-cost x86 motherboard with a PCI-X (133MHz)
> slot.
>
> Would anyone happen to know of MB manufacturer that I should check out?
> I have found PCI-X on a few relatively high-end motherboards requiring
> high-end processors, like Xeons or 3GHz P4's. I'm hoping to build a
> super-cheap system with PCI-X perhaps with an Athlon XP.
>
> Cheers,
> AZ
>
> (note: PCI-X is not PCI-E aka PCI-Express).

$186-$285

http://www.giga-byte.com/Server/File..._7a8dw_800.jpg
(I had some problems viewing this.)
http://www.giga-byte.com/Server/Prod...d_GA-7A8DW.htm

This is a dual opteron board that uses the AMD 8131 PCI-X bridge.
Note the size of the motherboard and the power connector type
before buying. You'll need registered RAM as well.

Have fun,
Paul

Ziff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking for the least-cost x86 motherboard with a PCI-X (133MHz)
> slot.
>
> Would anyone happen to know of MB manufacturer that I should check out?
> I have found PCI-X on a few relatively high-end motherboards requiring
> high-end processors, like Xeons or 3GHz P4's. I'm hoping to build a
> super-cheap system with PCI-X perhaps with an Athlon XP.
>
> Cheers,
> AZ
>
> (note: PCI-X is not PCI-E aka PCI-Express).

DFI 855GME-MGF $239 One PCI-X slot.
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...spx?i=2342&p=9

Paul

Rob Stow

Paul wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>, "Artie
> Ziff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I am looking for the least-cost x86 motherboard with a PCI-X (133MHz)
>>slot.
>>
>>Would anyone happen to know of MB manufacturer that I should check out?
>>I have found PCI-X on a few relatively high-end motherboards requiring
>>high-end processors, like Xeons or 3GHz P4's. I'm hoping to build a
>>super-cheap system with PCI-X perhaps with an Athlon XP.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>AZ
>>
>>(note: PCI-X is not PCI-E aka PCI-Express).

> DFI 855GME-MGF $239 One PCI-X slot.
> http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...spx?i=2342&p=9

If used boards are acceptable to you, I might be able to help you
save a little money on a Tyan S2881.

Two of the S2895's I'm waiting for are intended as replacements
for two S2881's, and sometimes at the end of the job the customer
simply gives me the old parts because they can't be bothered to
try to sell them.
http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk8sr.html

--
Every cloud has a silver lining, even if you sometimes
have to drop a little acid before you can see it.

Curious George

On 22 Feb 2005 19:39:13 -0800, "Artie Ziff" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am looking for the least-cost x86 motherboard with a PCI-X (133MHz)
>slot.
>
>Would anyone happen to know of MB manufacturer that I should check out?
>I have found PCI-X on a few relatively high-end motherboards requiring
>high-end processors, like Xeons or 3GHz P4's. I'm hoping to build a
>super-cheap system with PCI-X perhaps with an Athlon XP.
>
>Cheers,
>AZ
>
>(note: PCI-X is not PCI-E aka PCI-Express).

Since you posted to the Supermico group also you could also try the
P8SCT, P8SCi (E7221 (Copper River))
P4SCT, P4SCT+II (i875p0

all P4 boards in a similar price range as what others have posted.

lesser Supermicro Xeon boards are also in this price range like the
X5DPA-G (533MHz bus) & some other older Xeon boards with 64-bit PCI
(if that is acceptable).