LPX motherboard found

Ben Myers

While going through my computer treasures the other day, I came across
an LPX motherboard, the kind used in PB systems. It's a Socket 7 made
by Intel. Not sure what CPU it has, and I'm not sure if it is a PB
original or from some other company like HP or NEC. This one has a VRM
socket on it, and a VRM I got from DEC a long time ago, supporting
voltages down to 2.2v, same as the later AMD K6 chips.

I guess I did not scrap it along with a bunch of other LPX boards some
months ago, because maybe it is special in some way.

Any interest? If so, I'll fire it up and see what the CPU is.

Figured it was time to stir up this moribund newsgroup... Ben Myers

Robert E. Watts

Hi Ben !

Very interested. Be interesting to know exactly what board you have,
especially since it's an Intel board.

Moribund eh........ ?

I thought everyone was just practicing apathy. Or maybe they are just
ambivalent.

( I'm starting out with the "A" words, and working my way up. :-)

bobwatts
EartH

news:gi9nns$ckh$(E-Mail Removed)...

Robert E. Watts wrote:
> Hi Ben !
>
> Very interested. Be interesting to know exactly what board you have,
> especially since it's an Intel board.
>
> Moribund eh........ ?
>
> I thought everyone was just practicing apathy. Or maybe they are just
> ambivalent.
>
> ( I'm starting out with the "A" words, and working my way up. :-)
>
> bobwatts
> EartH
>

> "Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gi9nns$ckh$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> While going through my computer treasures the other day, I came across an
>> LPX motherboard, the kind used in PB systems. It's a Socket 7 made by
>> Intel. Not sure what CPU it has, and I'm not sure if it is a PB original
>> or from some other company like HP or NEC. This one has a VRM socket on
>> it, and a VRM I got from DEC a long time ago, supporting voltages down to
>> 2.2v, same as the later AMD K6 chips.
>>
>> I guess I did not scrap it along with a bunch of other LPX boards some
>> months ago, because maybe it is special in some way.
>>
>> Any interest? If so, I'll fire it up and see what the CPU is.
>>
>> Figured it was time to stir up this moribund newsgroup... Ben Myers

I guess I will fire it up to see what it is. I don't remember. Too
much water over the dam. Or water on the brain. But we now have
electricity, hot water, heat, TV and internet after the ice storm
here... Ben Myers