Mail + Lots of emails = Problems

mark

Is there a reason why Mail is so poor at handling thousands of emails?

I imported 30k emails and it's a nightmare on my Core Duo Macbook,
constantly showing 0 messages in my mailboxes, I have to force quit and
restart so they appear.

Tim McNamara

In article <45dcd0b2.0@entanet>, "mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there a reason why Mail is so poor at handling thousands of
> emails?
>
> I imported 30k emails and it's a nightmare on my Core Duo Macbook,
> constantly showing 0 messages in my mailboxes, I have to force quit
> and restart so they appear.

You mean force quit and relaunch the app, not restart the computer right?

Have you tried rebuilding the mailboxes? (Rebuild under the Mailbox
menu).