Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Mainboard Drivers for Socket A, L7VMM2

 
 
Northern Girl
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2005, 04:32 PM
I have an ECS Elitegroup Mainboard; Socket A, L7VMM2.

Chipset - VIA KM266(NB) & VT8235 (SB) Chipset

On windows 98 startup it keeps searching for a PCI Communications
device and a PCI Universal Serial Bus device. These unknown devices are
also listed under "other" in Device Manager with a yellow question mark
next to them.

I do not know what these devices are and my mainboard drivers disk was
lost.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.
Thanx in advance!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Larry Scholnick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2005, 07:51 PM
"Northern Girl" wrote:
> I have an ECS Elitegroup Mainboard; Socket A, L7VMM2.
>
> Chipset - VIA KM266(NB) & VT8235 (SB) Chipset
>
> On windows 98 startup it keeps searching for a PCI Communications
> device and a PCI Universal Serial Bus device. These unknown devices are
> also listed under "other" in Device Manager with a yellow question mark
> next to them.
>
> I do not know what these devices are and my mainboard drivers disk was
> lost.
>
> It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.
> Thanx in advance!
>

The following page links to drivers for the L7 series:
http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_l7.html

When I bought an L7VMM2 used on eBay, all the necessary drivers were available on that page except
that the USB driver was at:
http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_usb.html


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Northern Girl
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2005, 08:52 PM
I have installed all of the drivers on those two pages but I'm still
left with an unknown missing communications device.

My modem is not integrated but drivers are recognized.

My network adapter is integrated but its drivers are also recognized.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Larry Scholnick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-07-2005, 01:37 AM
"Northern Girl" wrote:
> I have installed all of the drivers on those two pages but I'm still
> left with an unknown missing communications device.
>
> My modem is not integrated but drivers are recognized.
>
> My network adapter is integrated but its drivers are also recognized.
> Any feedback would be appreciated.
>

Just a guess, but it might be looking for the drivers for the AMR Riser that supports a special type
of modem, even though you have a regular PCI modem. Just for grins, try the Via 4-in-1 driver.

If not, just leave it; as long as every device works, it won't hurt anything to have an unknown
device in Device Manager.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mr. Slow
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-10-2005, 02:04 PM

"Larry Scholnick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:RJlDd.7869$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> "Northern Girl" wrote:
> > I have installed all of the drivers on those two pages but I'm still
> > left with an unknown missing communications device.
> >
> > My modem is not integrated but drivers are recognized.
> >
> > My network adapter is integrated but its drivers are also recognized.
> > Any feedback would be appreciated.
> >

> Just a guess, but it might be looking for the drivers for the AMR Riser

that supports a special type
> of modem, even though you have a regular PCI modem. Just for grins, try

the Via 4-in-1 driver.
>
> If not, just leave it; as long as every device works, it won't hurt

anything to have an unknown
> device in Device Manager.


Or, disable the onboard modem in the BIOS.


--
Remove ".invalid" and replace with ".co.uk" to reply
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Ikke01
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Hi NG,

"Northern Girl" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
| I have an ECS Elitegroup Mainboard; Socket A, L7VMM2.
|
| Chipset - VIA KM266(NB) & VT8235 (SB) Chipset
|
| On windows 98 startup it keeps searching for a PCI Communications
| device and a PCI Universal Serial Bus device. These unknown devices are
| also listed under "other" in Device Manager with a yellow question mark
| next to them.
|
| I do not know what these devices are and my mainboard drivers disk was
| lost.
|
| It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.
| Thanx in advance!

down under are the modemdrivers the MB asks

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloa...uID=45&LanID=0

don't forget to copy and paste ;-))
When you really want to use the AMR modem, I can sent you one from the
Netherlands, only pay p&p + 5 bucks ;-))

success Jan

(can also disable this modem in the BIOS as an alternative)



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ECS L7VMM2 what drivers and stuff do i need ? Paul M ECS 0 02-21-2005 01:32 PM
Mainboard Drivers for Socket A, L7VMM2 Northern Girl ECS 0 01-06-2005 04:36 PM
windows boot up problem (L7VMM2 board) Cory Lechner ECS 1 09-29-2003 04:13 AM
Will Centon 256MByte PC2700 DDR333 memory work on L7VMM2 Motherboard? stephen hallacy ECS 4 08-28-2003 06:00 PM
L7VMM2 trouble Re-booting hondo ECS 0 07-08-2003 02:08 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment