Make a software & interfacing it with access control card reader

Tricky-Ft

Hi,

i work in a security company, and i've to make a software which allows
user to control access of people to a military restricted area .

the database etc isn't a problem for me but i would like to know which
is the easiest way to connect a magnetic card reader to my software
and how to make them work together. (which port to use, ...).

i've been looking for informations over the web but i didn't find
tutorials..

thanks..
Best Regards,
Tricky-Ft
(sorry for my bad english)

Christopher Benson-Manica

Tricky-Ft <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:

> i work in a security company, and i've to make a software which allows
> user to control access of people to a military restricted area .

> the database etc isn't a problem for me but i would like to know which
> is the easiest way to connect a magnetic card reader to my software
> and how to make them work together. (which port to use, ...).

Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

Claudio Puviani

"Tricky-Ft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Hi,
>
> i work in a security company, and i've to make a software which allows
> user to control access of people to a military restricted area .
>
> the database etc isn't a problem for me but i would like to know which
> is the easiest way to connect a magnetic card reader to my software
> and how to make them work together. (which port to use, ...).
>
> i've been looking for informations over the web but i didn't find
> tutorials..

Besides this being off-topic, as Christopher mentionned, it's possibly illegal
and maybe even treasonous for someone in a country other than your own to
assist you in developing technologies for even remotely military purposes.

Caveat proditor!

Claudio Puviani

Tricky-Ft

Christopher Benson-Manica <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<c6jrkc$i2f$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Tricky-Ft <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:
>
> > i work in a security company, and i've to make a software which allows
> > user to control access of people to a military restricted area .

> > the database etc isn't a problem for me but i would like to know which
> > is the easiest way to connect a magnetic card reader to my software
> > and how to make them work together. (which port to use, ...).

> Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit
>
> http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
>
> for posting guidelines and frequently asked questions. Thank you.

i'm sorry i didn't think to be off topic coz i am making this software
in c++.

Furthermore, for the law problem...i don't look for anybody to help me
making this software or to see my source code but i just wanted to
know the different possibilites.

well, thx anyway.