Malware on Asus Laptops

olfart

"According to an email sent out by Asus, PC Advisor reports, the Eee
Box's 80GB hard drive has the recycled.exe virus files hidden in the
drive's D: partition. When the drive is opened, the virus activates and
attempts to infect the C: drive and an removable drives connected to the
system. According to Symantec, the malware is likely to be the
W32/Usbalex worm, which creates an autorun.inf file to trigger
recycled.exe from D:. Separately, we've been testing the Eee Box this
week, and discovered our review unit came loaded with the W32/Taterf
worm - aka W32.Gammima.AG, aka kavo.exe malware that sniffs out online
gaming usernames and passwords."

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2016&tag=nl.e550

Flash ads bearing malware plague popular sites Tony Harding Dell 2 04-19-2008 06:04 PM
Real Player is malware.. WSZsr Dell 2 02-01-2008 06:51 PM
OT (sort of) malware on my Dell Dan Beck Dell 8 07-07-2007 10:08 PM
No spyware, adware, malware, etc :( Monica Dell 12 07-02-2005 04:56 AM
Malware Echuca Compaq 0 10-15-2004 04:42 PM