Matrox and Cinema display ?

tived

Hi guys,

just sitting here and looking at those geogerous Apple Cinema displays ...30
inches! Wow!

Now being on the a PeeCee, then it would be cool to be able to run one of
these.

Does anyone know and have they tried to hook on of these up to a Parhelia
???

If you have hooked it up to a PC, what card did you use and did you get the
full potential out of the screen! eg. max screen resolution?

thanks for your time

Henrik

Paul Speller

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:42:10 +0800, tived wrote:

> just sitting here and looking at those geogerous Apple Cinema displays ...30
> inches! Wow!
> Now being on the a PeeCee, then it would be cool to be able to run one of these.
> Does anyone know and have they tried to hook on of these up to a Parhelia???
> If you have hooked it up to a PC, what card did you use and did you get the
> full potential out of the screen! eg. max screen resolution?

I'm pretty sure a standard Parhelia wouldn't be up to the task. However,
from the January Matrox Newsletter:

| • Matrox announces new dual link Parhelia DL256 PCI graphics card for
| 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display® under Windows®
| http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/news...ia_DL_vdws.cfm
|
| • Matrox Parhelia DL256 PCI and 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display - a
| killer combination for creative professionals
| http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/news...r_dl256_fs.cfm

Paul

Gary MacKenzie

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:15:09 +0800, "Henrik Tived"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Paul,
>
>thanks very much for the info, I should start reading my mail from now on,
>thanks
>
>Henrik
>
>"Paul Speller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:42:10 +0800, tived wrote:
>>
>>> just sitting here and looking at those geogerous Apple Cinema displays
>>> ...30
>>> inches! Wow!
>>> Now being on the a PeeCee, then it would be cool to be able to run one of
>>> these.
>>> Does anyone know and have they tried to hook on of these up to a
>>> Parhelia???
>>> If you have hooked it up to a PC, what card did you use and did you get
>>> the
>>> full potential out of the screen! eg. max screen resolution?

>> I'm pretty sure a standard Parhelia wouldn't be up to the task. However,
>> from the January Matrox Newsletter:
>>
>> | . Matrox announces new dual link Parhelia DL256 PCI graphics card for
>> | 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display® under Windows®
>> |
>> http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/news...ia_DL_vdws.cfm
>> |
>> | . Matrox Parhelia DL256 PCI and 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display - a
>> | killer combination for creative professionals
>> | http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/news...r_dl256_fs.cfm
>>
>> Paul

i hope they have worked out how to stop the screen burn.
the apple cinema display they were using at the videoforum in london
earlier this month was very badly screenburned.

the apple user i was talking to could only put it down to the fact it
was a pc driving it , as his didn't have the same problem connected to
his video editing apple , 24/7

J. Clarke

Gary MacKenzie wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:15:09 +0800, "Henrik Tived"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hi Paul,
>>
>>thanks very much for the info, I should start reading my mail from now on,
>>thanks
>>
>>Henrik
>>
>>"Paul Speller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> I'm pretty sure a standard Parhelia wouldn't be up to the task. However,
>>> from the January Matrox Newsletter:

http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/news...ia_DL_vdws.cfm

http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/news...r_dl256_fs.cfm

>>> Paul

> i hope they have worked out how to stop the screen burn.
> the apple cinema display they were using at the videoforum in london
> earlier this month was very badly screenburned.

It's an LCD. Screen burn happens because an electron beam stays focussed on
the same spot too long. Whatever you saw was not screen burn.

> the apple user i was talking to could only put it down to the fact it
> was a pc driving it , as his didn't have the same problem connected to
> his video editing apple , 24/7

Doesn't matter what's driving it.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Henrik Tived

Hi Paul,

thanks very much for the info, I should start reading my mail from now on,
thanks

Henrik

"Paul Speller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:42:10 +0800, tived wrote:
>
>> just sitting here and looking at those geogerous Apple Cinema displays
>> ...30
>> inches! Wow!
>> Now being on the a PeeCee, then it would be cool to be able to run one of
>> these.
>> Does anyone know and have they tried to hook on of these up to a
>> Parhelia???
>> If you have hooked it up to a PC, what card did you use and did you get
>> the
>> full potential out of the screen! eg. max screen resolution?

> I'm pretty sure a standard Parhelia wouldn't be up to the task. However,
> from the January Matrox Newsletter:
>
> | . Matrox announces new dual link Parhelia DL256 PCI graphics card for
> | 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display® under Windows®
> |
> http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/news...ia_DL_vdws.cfm
> |
> | . Matrox Parhelia DL256 PCI and 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display - a
> | killer combination for creative professionals
> | http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/news...r_dl256_fs.cfm
>
> Paul

george1234

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:42:10 +0800, "tived" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>just sitting here and looking at those geogerous Apple Cinema displays ...30
>inches! Wow!

I drive a Syntax olevia 30" LCD with the second VGA out from a matrox
g450... works just fine

--G

Paul Speller

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:00:15 -0500, george1234 wrote:

> >just sitting here and looking at those geogerous Apple Cinema displays ...30
> >inches! Wow!

> I drive a Syntax olevia 30" LCD with the second VGA out from a matrox
> g450... works just fine

That's because the Syntax Olevia 30" LCD has a very low resolution for
its size - it's only 1280 x 768, which is no trouble for most graphics
cards.

The new Apple 30" screen has a native resolution of 2560 x 1600, which
gives more than four times the pixels of your display (double in each
direction), which is rather more of a challenge for graphics cards to
live up to!

Paul