Matrox and PCI-E

Kiwi

Will Matrox release some PCI-Express cards (possibly PCI-E version of P650)
and if yes when could that be?

Kiwi

Arthur Hagen

Kiwi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Will Matrox release some PCI-Express cards (possibly PCI-E version of
> P650) and if yes when could that be?

Matrox has announced plans for PCI-E cards, but haven't given any details.
A PCI-E version of a couple of the P-series cards was expected before the
end of the year, with other cards following, but no real news has leaked
out, afaict, and they might be delayed. If I were to guess, the Parhelia
and P750 are probably going to be the first ones to go express, and wildly
guessing even more, I would guess at no earlier than Q1 2005.

Regards,
--
*Art

Kiwi

> out, afaict, and they might be delayed. If I were to guess, the Parhelia
> and P750 are probably going to be the first ones to go express, and wildly
> guessing even more, I would guess at no earlier than Q1 2005.

as I was afraid... but thanks.

Steven Whatley

Arthur Hagen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Matrox has announced plans for PCI-E cards, but haven't given any details.
> A PCI-E version of a couple of the P-series cards was expected before the
> end of the year, with other cards following, but no real news has leaked
> out, afaict, and they might be delayed. If I were to guess, the Parhelia
> and P750 are probably going to be the first ones to go express, and wildly
> guessing even more, I would guess at no earlier than Q1 2005.

That's OK by me. I don't plan on building a new system until Q3 2005. I
want the following:

Dual core Intel P4
PCI-X based Matrox card
Water cooling system
SATA hard drives

Later,
Steven

Abit BH-6 and Matrox G100A Rubix Abit 17 02-09-2004 05:12 AM
P4C800 DELUXE AND MATROX PARHELIA Elliot Taynor Asus 3 12-30-2003 09:41 AM
Re: I'm looking into getting a dual-TFT monitor setup for my home office and I want to have DVI for both monitors. I've only found two graphics cards that will do this: the Matrox P-series (Parhelia, P650 and P750) and the Asus 9560. Does anyone know Paul Duffy Nvidia 1 12-03-2003 10:58 PM
P4C800-E Delux and Matrox P650 Tom Woodrow Asus 2 07-31-2003 10:23 PM
A7N8X-Deluxe and Matrox Parhelia Video Card Greg Asus 0 07-18-2003 03:55 AM