Matshita UJ 820D (DVD/RW +/-)problems

Junior Member

I am at a loss with this DVD drive. I have a Sony Vaio A150 laptop. I reinstalled XP and upon doing so my DVD drive is no longer operational. I have tried uninstalling the device via Device Manger and when a hardware search is done, it still is detected with a yellow explamation point in the Hardware Listing. I've tried downloading the firmware driver at Sony's page for this model: (KMFOPD-00704302-US(MatshitaUJ-820DVDRWOpticalDriveFirmwareUpdateUtil-v.1.01.40910)
and it won't take. I'm not sure why this is doing this. All I can think of is trying to reinstall XP Pro/SP2 again from the dos screen at start.

I appreciate any solutions that can be offered.

Junior Member

Here is some further information that may be helpful:

Matshita UJ-820D Properties
General Tab:
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Volumes:
"No information listed"

Driver:
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 7/1/2001
Driver Version: 5.1.2535.0
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Publisher

Details:
Device Instance Id
IDE/CDROMMATSHITA_UJ_820D________1.01____\5&2A1F97F3&0 &0.0.0

The downloaded file from the Sony Website I listed in the previous post is called F/W Loader Firmware Upgrade Untility: Its saying that its the F/W Loader UJ-820B_V1.01_for_VAIO in the blue title bar of the program. If this is so, it may be an incorrect file version, since I have the 820D, or it won't apply due to it already having been Upgraded and won't allow a reinstall of the firmware.

Junior Member

I love how they did not post the fix for this problem .

I have been having this same problem for years with my laptop and I have not found a fix yet. I came back to his site to check in on any new updates and I am sad to see that I can stil find no way to get my dick drive to be recognized let alone play. PLEASE POST THE FIX, SOMEONE!?!?