matsonic ms9317e

playstation60

I have a matsonic ms9317e+USB motherboard, and for the life of me I
cannot get the sound to work. Windows XP is not installing any drivers
automatically (no, before anyone can ask I don't have the drivers). I
attempted to install a separate sound card from the one board one and
all attempts to get drivers for it have been entirely unsuccessful. It's
a Phillips sound card. The numbers I was able to pull off from it were,
MO5-P20A-122 and A481-P20.

I am looking to see if anyone can give me a hand in finding the drivers
(audio!) for either the on board sound or the card. It's quite
frustrating to be sitting with a computer and no sound.

Chance favors the prepared mind.

~Underseige 2~

Paul

playstation60 wrote:
> I have a matsonic ms9317e+USB motherboard, and for the life of me I
> cannot get the sound to work. Windows XP is not installing any drivers
> automatically (no, before anyone can ask I don't have the drivers). I
> attempted to install a separate sound card from the one board one and
> all attempts to get drivers for it have been entirely unsuccessful. It's
> a Phillips sound card. The numbers I was able to pull off from it were,
> MO5-P20A-122 and A481-P20.
>
> I am looking to see if anyone can give me a hand in finding the drivers
> (audio!) for either the on board sound or the card. It's quite
> frustrating to be sitting with a computer and no sound.
>

> Chance favors the prepared mind.
>
> ~Underseige 2~

EVEREST Free Edition 2.20 (lavalys.com for commercial version)

Using Everest and the Devices:PCI entry, you might find the PCI
sound card identified. If there is no "name string", then copy the
DeviceID and SubsystemID and post it in the newsgroup, as a last resort.
Maybe the Philips card can be identified that way.

The MS9317E is listed here. This is an archive of the defunct matsonic site.

http://web.archive.org/web/200302041...17e+series.htm

This is the driver page. The onboard sound seems to be a CMI9738 (a PCI device?)

http://web.archive.org/web/200302070...wnload_sis.htm

This is the set of drivers available at the time. The archive machine does not
always capture the actual driver, so the fact that it is missing is not a
surprise.

http://web.archive.org/web/200302070...38/cmi9738.zip

Fortunately, you can get a CMI9738 AC'97 driver here (and hope the SIS962
is supported as the engine to drive it).

http://www.cmedia.com.tw/?q=en/driver

This is the WinXP driver for CMI9738. Remove your separate sound
card and you can try this.

http://www.cmediadrivers.info/driver...UDA039_WDM.zip

And if you get some info from Everest about your Philips card, post back.

Paul

playstation60

Paul,

Thank you so much. One of the links towards the bottom of your
post contained the audio drivers for the onboard sound. I am finally
able to HEAR my computer. Thank you!

There is some pretty useful information at the other links as
well. I will need to take some time to dig into that. Thanks again!

Chance favors the prepared mind.

~Underseige 2~

playstation60

Ok, so I got the sound to work, the next problem I need help tackling is
despite my having sound Windows Device Manager still shows that my
Multimedia Audio Controller doesn't have a driver installed. Then the
Device Manager also states that my PCI Input Device, PCI Serial Port,
and my VGA Controller are all without drivers. The auto detect option
for the drivers has yielded no results.

Any other links I should check out?

playstation60 wrote:
> Ok, so I got the sound to work, the next problem I need help tackling is
> despite my having sound Windows Device Manager still shows that my
> Multimedia Audio Controller doesn't have a driver installed. Then the
> Device Manager also states that my PCI Input Device, PCI Serial Port,
> and my VGA Controller are all without drivers. The auto detect option
> for the drivers has yielded no results.
>
> Any other links I should check out?
>

> Chance favors the prepared mind.
>
> ~Underseige 2~

This page has some graphics FAQ entries, that didn't clear
things up for me. The download link lists a couple options
for IGP driver, which is integrated graphics. Both UniVGA2
and UniVGA3 look like options. By naming convention, the
Matsonic download page was offering a copy of UniVGA2, so
you could try that one.

http://www.sis.com/support/support_faqs_4.htm

This is the SIS chipset download page. You'd want "IGP" for integrated
graphics, "AGP" for support for the video card slot, "Network Driver"
if the board uses SIS900 ethernet (built into the Southbridge). I
would not pick up the "IDE driver", because you are already using
the default Microsoft IDE driver instead.

http://www.sis.com/download/

I don't really know what the "PCI Input Device, PCI Serial Port"
would be. I tried to find a copy of the motherboard manual, without
success. Try working on those few drivers first, then see what is left.

Paul

Bill

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)lid says...

> I have a matsonic ms9317e+USB motherboard, and for the life of me I
> cannot get the sound to work. Windows XP is not installing any drivers
> automatically (no, before anyone can ask I don't have the drivers). I
> attempted to install a separate sound card from the one board one and
> all attempts to get drivers for it have been entirely unsuccessful. It's
> a Phillips sound card. The numbers I was able to pull off from it were,
> MO5-P20A-122 and A481-P20.
>
> I am looking to see if anyone can give me a hand in finding the drivers
> (audio!) for either the on board sound or the card. It's quite
> frustrating to be sitting with a computer and no sound.
>

> Chance favors the prepared mind.
>
> ~Underseige 2~

Manual here:

http://www.matsonic.com/members/index.php

SIS drivers here:

http://www.sis.com/download/

Have you tried contacting matsonic?

Bill

playstation60

Alright, so the wife was using the computer and picked up a virus. No
way around it other than to reformat hard drive. Having done this a
time or two I understand some of what goes on with this particular
computer. The mobo for some reason doesn't allow all the needed drivers
to be installed right away and it has to be a pain in my *** and make me
do things the old fashion way.

So....I get things reformatted without any issue. I am up and running
Windows XP to find out that I have no mouse. The PS2 port does not work
for the mouse, so I'm forced to use a USB device. No problem there, I
have one. Well the **** computer isn't recognizing the drivers for my
USB ports front or back. Windows won't automatically update the drivers
either.

SOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, to make matters all the more confusing
on a whim I put in a different system restore disc, that operates
outside of a Windows environment, and forces me to use a mouse. I
wanted to see if it was a mouse issue or Windows. Well it's Windows all
the way. The mouse works fine, the ports work fine. Windows is being a
***** and not cooperating.

Anyone have any idea how to help me with this? It's a Matsonic MS9317E
motherboard.

I need help ASAP.

playstation60 wrote:
> Alright, so the wife was using the computer and picked up a virus. No
> way around it other than to reformat hard drive. Having done this a
> time or two I understand some of what goes on with this particular
> computer. The mobo for some reason doesn't allow all the needed drivers
> to be installed right away and it has to be a pain in my *** and make me
> do things the old fashion way.
>
> So....I get things reformatted without any issue. I am up and running
> Windows XP to find out that I have no mouse. The PS2 port does not work
> for the mouse, so I'm forced to use a USB device. No problem there, I
> have one. Well the **** computer isn't recognizing the drivers for my
> USB ports front or back. Windows won't automatically update the drivers
> either.
>
> SOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, to make matters all the more confusing
> on a whim I put in a different system restore disc, that operates
> outside of a Windows environment, and forces me to use a mouse. I
> wanted to see if it was a mouse issue or Windows. Well it's Windows all
> the way. The mouse works fine, the ports work fine. Windows is being a
> ***** and not cooperating.
>
> Anyone have any idea how to help me with this? It's a Matsonic MS9317E
> motherboard.
>
> I need help ASAP.
>

> Chance favors the prepared mind.
>
> ~Underseige 2~

To fix the USB, I can find a reference here to something from SIS.
See "SiS USB Registry Patch (Windows XP)". But this patch is from
2001, and you'd think with WinXP Service Packs installed and the
like, that issues like this would vanish.

http://www.usbman.com/USB%202%20News.htm

I don't know what's up with PS/2. All the Super I/O interfaces
should enumerate and pick up in Windows, without a fuss. It's
not something I see a lot of complaints about.

Don't forget to have a good look around in the BIOS settings.
Double check that everything you need is enabled.

Paul