Max number of SATA drives on A7N8X-ED?

Piotr Makley

WHat is the max total number of SATA drives that can be connected to
the A7N8X-ED?

I can see theer are two sockets but I don't know if SATA drives can
be daisychained so you can have several drives off a cable connected
to one socket.

Sam

Sometime on, or about Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:24:38 GMT, Piotr Makley
scribbled:

> WHat is the max total number of SATA drives that can be connected to
> the A7N8X-ED?
>
> I can see theer are two sockets but I don't know if SATA drives can
> be daisychained so you can have several drives off a cable connected
> to one socket.

I believe that you can only connect one drive per SATA port. So, if you
want more, you'd have to install a SATA card, to add more connectors to
your system.

Sam