Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Max Speed CPU on P2B??

 
 
Norm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-19-2003, 11:05 PM
Hello,

I have a trusty old P2B with the 1014.001 BIOS from the German site
flawlessly running a Coppermine 850 MHz 100 MHz FSB. My question is, can I
run a 1100 MHz 100MHz FSB Coppermine on it? If not, what is the fastest 100
MHz FSB CPU I can run on it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Norm


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Stephan Grossklass
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2003, 01:18 AM
Norm schrieb:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a trusty old P2B with the 1014.001 BIOS from the German site


The last one is 1014 beta 3.

> flawlessly running a Coppermine 850 MHz 100 MHz FSB. My question is, can I
> run a 1100 MHz 100MHz FSB Coppermine on it?


Yes, if you upgrade the BIOS to 1014 beta *3*.

> If not, what is the fastest 100
> MHz FSB CPU I can run on it?


Celeron 1.4, but look here:
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheideg...grade_faq.html

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/ | Webm.: http://www.i24.com/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xCel300A, 448 MB, 18 GB, ATI AGP 32 MB, 110W
This is a SCSI-inside, Legacy-plus, TCPA-free computer
Reply to newsgroup only. | See home page for working e-mail address.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Pete Gray
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2003, 01:18 AM
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:05:04 GMT, "Norm" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a trusty old P2B with the 1014.001 BIOS from the German site
>flawlessly running a Coppermine 850 MHz 100 MHz FSB. My question is, can I
>run a 1100 MHz 100MHz FSB Coppermine on it? If not, what is the fastest 100
>MHz FSB CPU I can run on it?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help.
>
>Norm
>

According to the ASUS site, 1000 MHz is the best you're going to get,
and that depends on your motherboard revision....
http://www.asus.com/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

Pete
 
Reply With Quote
 
Norm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2003, 01:40 AM
What a great site for a reference! Thanks.
Norm


"Stephan Grossklass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bs0810$ef5$06$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Norm schrieb:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a trusty old P2B with the 1014.001 BIOS from the German site

>
> The last one is 1014 beta 3.
>
> > flawlessly running a Coppermine 850 MHz 100 MHz FSB. My question is,

can I
> > run a 1100 MHz 100MHz FSB Coppermine on it?

>
> Yes, if you upgrade the BIOS to 1014 beta *3*.
>
> > If not, what is the fastest 100
> > MHz FSB CPU I can run on it?

>
> Celeron 1.4, but look here:
> http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheideg...grade_faq.html
>
> Stephan
> --
> Home: http://stephan.win31.de/ | Webm.: http://www.i24.com/
> PC#6: i440BX, 2xCel300A, 448 MB, 18 GB, ATI AGP 32 MB, 110W
> This is a SCSI-inside, Legacy-plus, TCPA-free computer
> Reply to newsgroup only. | See home page for working e-mail address.



 
Reply With Quote
 
anonymous
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-21-2003, 03:00 PM
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 01:18:46 GMT, Pete Gray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:05:04 GMT, "Norm" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I have a trusty old P2B with the 1014.001 BIOS from the German site
>>flawlessly running a Coppermine 850 MHz 100 MHz FSB. My question is, can I
>>run a 1100 MHz 100MHz FSB Coppermine on it? If not, what is the fastest 100
>>MHz FSB CPU I can run on it?
>>
>>Thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>>Norm
>>

>According to the ASUS site, 1000 MHz is the best you're going to get,
>and that depends on your motherboard revision....
>http://www.asus.com/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx
>
>Pete


oh, they're the last people to know

I think their lawyers code their webpages.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Hockey
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2004, 01:52 AM
I was wondering how do I find out the PCB and where could I find the P3 1
gig slot 1 that asus says my motherboard could handle?
"Pete Gray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:05:04 GMT, "Norm" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I have a trusty old P2B with the 1014.001 BIOS from the German site
> >flawlessly running a Coppermine 850 MHz 100 MHz FSB. My question is, can

I
> >run a 1100 MHz 100MHz FSB Coppermine on it? If not, what is the fastest

100
> >MHz FSB CPU I can run on it?
> >
> >Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> >Norm
> >

> According to the ASUS site, 1000 MHz is the best you're going to get,
> and that depends on your motherboard revision....
> http://www.asus.com/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx
>
> Pete



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ABit BH6 - max CPU speed? xppro Abit 17 10-21-2003 02:00 PM
Max CPU speed for KG7 Lite? Gary & Adrian West Abit 3 07-27-2003 09:39 PM
A7V333 Question - Rev. 1.02 MB and Max CPU Speed frodo_baggins Asus 13 07-13-2003 03:53 PM
AK77 pro max speed CPU? Robert Smith AOpen 2 07-06-2003 06:32 PM
Re: Asus A7A266 (1.03) Motherboard max CPU speed Neil Turkenkopf Asus 0 06-24-2003 12:37 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment