MD5 errors installing software linked to hardware?

Junior Member

I can install and play games from CD's and DVD's no problem. The problem I have is when downloading and installing patches or downloading (Legally - I buy them and get them with downloader programs) games from the internet. Frequently when doing this, I come across MD5 errors during the installation that cause the installation to fail. I've done a complete reformat of the computer and still come across the error.

Is this something that can frequently be attributed to hardware problems? The only times I encounter any unusual errors is during these installs, not during other times.

I've figured it's either my memory modules having problems (memtest freezes after the first couple tests) or something with the hard drive. Since I did a reformat of the drive, I'm leaning more towards the memory, although I can't rule out something with the mobo.

Anyone have any insight on what else it could be or have similar experiences?

Last edited by Amadey; 08-30-2007 at 02:48 PM..

SHA1/MD5 of S-Record File David T. Ashley Embedded 15 02-25-2008 10:35 AM
MD5 for 8052 without stdlib, ... lordbyte Embedded 7 11-07-2006 09:30 PM
MD5 in C for 8051 Ravi Embedded 2 10-11-2006 08:04 AM
Where to put MD5.pm Phil Stripling Apple 9 01-28-2005 04:26 PM
MD5 Sum from "Dreamweaver MX Installer" Dominik Hirt Apple 0 09-08-2003 01:49 PM