Media Det Error

btb

As it's been 6 months without a response another
try - cry- for help.

I am using Creative Play Centre 2 V1.01.71.0 software
with my SB Live board on an ME system.

I always get an error message "Cannot initialise
MediaDet's COM object" whenever I open Play Centre2.

I can play MP3 files from my HD but can no
longer play audio CDs from my TEAC CD-W512.

Have checked the Creative site and also done a Google
on MediaDet without any idea as to the problem.

Any ideas as to the problem much appreciated.

TIA

Briain

D.R.

"btb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> As it's been 6 months without a response another
> try - cry- for help.
>
> I am using Creative Play Centre 2 V1.01.71.0 software
> with my SB Live board on an ME system.
>
> I always get an error message "Cannot initialise
> MediaDet's COM object" whenever I open Play Centre2.
>
> I can play MP3 files from my HD but can no
> longer play audio CDs from my TEAC CD-W512.
>
> Have checked the Creative site and also done a Google
> on MediaDet without any idea as to the problem.
>
> Any ideas as to the problem much appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> Briain

If you want a better chance of help, I recommend that you use the UK official
Creative Labs forums:

Soundcard-related Software:
http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...um.asp?foru=26

Soundcard-related Hardware:
http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...um.asp?foru=25

If the website asks what country you are from, just select UK. ;-)

D.R.

Sharanga Dayananda

Do you have the latest drivers for the Live! from the Creative website?
Try uninstalling PlayCentre, deleting reg keys for it and reboot.

The driver exposes COM interface which PlayCentre uses. If yer driver
isn't at the right version level for the version of PC yer using then
PlayCentre won't work.

I just noticed that your version of Playcentre is 2. The current version
is Version 3 not 2. Version 3 came out a few years ago. It might help if
you upgraded PlayCentre to the current version along with the drivers.

As for yer second optical drive being unable to play back CDs. Make sure
digitial CD extraction is enabled for it ( if it supports it ). If it
doesn't support it, it would make sense to connect the CD-Audio or
CD-Digital ( if it has one of these as they don't all have them.
)connector for it into the soundcard. It's also possible that you don't
have Digital audio extraction enabled on WinME ( I've never used WinMe
). If you can enable this, you won't need to connect the drive with the
audio cable as the OS will read CD info off the IDE cable.

Cheers
Sha

Re: Det Dram error. Paul Overclocking 0 01-29-2009 09:09 AM
Media Det Error with PlayCenter 2.0 btb Soundblaster Live 0 04-28-2004 06:57 PM
Det nye Splinter Cell MKH1 ATI 12 04-22-2004 08:41 PM
OpenGL issues with Det 45.23 TheCroW Nvidia 2 08-29-2003 11:47 PM
Re: Problems with 45.23 Det, and GF3 Ti200 Larry L. Nvidia 0 08-27-2003 09:46 AM