Mem upgrade AsRock P4S61

Nyrup

Hi

I build a PC around the Asrock P4S61 motherboard last summer. It is equipped
with an Intel P4 2,8 GHz with 800Mhz bus freq.
When I build the PC I bought and installed 1 RAM module, a Kingston PC3200
512MByte.
Today I bought one RAM module again to upgrade the memory to 1 Gbyte. Again
I bought a Kingston PC3200 512MByte.

Sadly I realised that the motherboard didn't recognize the new extra 512MB
module and so I ended up investigating the P4S61 manual in search for some
solution to the problem. I was really astound realizing that it seems that
the P4S61 does not accept more than one PS3200 module although it has 3 RAM
slots in total!

As it states in the manual:
PC2100 for 3 DDR DIMM slots, Max. 3GB
PC2700 for 2 DDR DIMM slots, Max. 2GB
PC3200 for 1 DDR DIMM slot, Max. 1GB

Is that so? Or is there some work-around this problem?

I would very much appreciate that as I now own an extra memory module that
I do not know how to use - except perhaps as an expensive bookmark. ;o)

With kind regards,
Nyrup

Pen

You could probably slow the memory down to 333/167 MHz from
the 400/200 MHz it's presently at. You will have to check
the manual as to how to do this. Leave the CPU at it's present
setting. The web site says it can do this.
http://www.asrock.com.tw/product/product_p4s61.htm

news:42987ec3$0$144$(E-Mail Removed). ..