memory dump - HELP!!!

Junior Member

I am a memory dump error while trying to load in XP pro. I have a K7AMA (Elitegroup motherboard, 1.3mhz with 512M Ram (which I just replaced, thinking it was bad). I ran the RAM checker and it checked out fine. This computer was working fine and then I started getting memory dumps, so I Formatted and started from scratch, but, after the copying DOS files and reboot while doing the XP install, I get the memory dump and now just got "a thread tried to release a resource it did not own",
stop= 0x000000E3(0x8526D368, 0x853C8DA8, 0x00000000, 0x00000002)
I also get a irql_not_less_or_equal error alternately.
I have a Maxtor 40G Hard drive, which I replaced with a smaller HD just to see if it fixed the problem...no.
No overclocking.
512MB DDR_226 (PC2100) RAM

PLEASE, please help. There was no "smoking gun" before the computer bombed out...nothing unusual, it just did a memory dump and hasn't been running since.
Oh, I have 3 fans running, so I don't think it's an overheating problem. When I check the CPU temp in the BIOS it says betweem 150 F and 160F.

Thanks!
Chris