Memory errors on an Abit KR7A-133R

Daniel Prince

My brother has an Abit KR7A-133R with an AMD Athlon 1500+. He has
been getting many BSoDs in Windows XP. I have run MemTest-86 v3.2
several times. I got errors almost every time. The number of
errors varies and most of the time it is only test five that has
errors.

I have fooled around in the BIOS and have not been able to eliminate
the errors. These are the things I did that did not eliminate the
errors:

I set the memory timings to the fail safe defaults. I did a Google
newsgroup search and found one message saying that raising the DDR
DQS Input Delay and DDR DQS Output Delay by two would eliminate
memory errors on his motherboard. I did it and I get fewer errors
than in the test before. I raised them by two again and got even
fewer errors so I raised them again and got one test run with no
errors. Since then I have gotten memory errors every time I have
run the testing program. I tried raising the values of these two
items several more times but I could not eliminate the errors. I
raised the DDR voltage twice but still got errors. I also lowered
the memory buss speed to 100 mhz from the default of 133.

I switched the memory between his machine and mine. His computer
still gets errors with my memory which did not have errors in my
computer and my computer does not have errors with his memory. (My
computer is faster than his. I have a Barton 2500+ with a 167 mhz
memory buss speed and he has a Athlon 1500+ with a 133 mhz memory
buss speed. We both have PC3200 memory. His is Crucial and mine is
OCZ.)

Is there anything we can do to solve this problem other than
replacing his motherboard? Thank you in advance for all replies.

--
I just heard a TV commercial about an automobile that has a rear
entertainment system. I immediately wondered exactly how would an

Peter Emanuelsson

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:51:18 -0700, in
comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems, Daniel Prince
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip>
>I switched the memory between his machine and mine. His computer
>still gets errors with my memory which did not have errors in my
>computer and my computer does not have errors with his memory. (My
>computer is faster than his. I have a Barton 2500+ with a 167 mhz
>memory buss speed and he has a Athlon 1500+ with a 133 mhz memory
>buss speed. We both have PC3200 memory. His is Crucial and mine is
>OCZ.)
>
>Is there anything we can do to solve this problem other than
>replacing his motherboard? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Probably not, but there are a few other things that might make a
difference.

Does the mobo have the latest BIOS?
There might be a bug or compatibility issue that's been fixed.

Try with another power supply.
A bad power supply is a very likely cause for system instability and
all kinds of weird errors.

Try with another CPU.
Less likely, but if you happen to have another CPU available to test
with, it's worth a try.

--
May all spammers die in horrible pains!
Wanna e-mail me? Well, peter_e is correct, but the rest is obviously bogus...

abit kt7a texel errors Neo Abit 0 03-01-2006 02:01 PM
Memory errors on a KR7A-133R Daniel Prince Abit 0 08-25-2005 07:36 PM
Abit IS7 Standby Problem (CPU Errors) AlexPi Intel 0 11-07-2004 07:04 PM
VI7 memory errors during post Karin Bosselman Abit 0 06-06-2004 01:25 AM
works memory ecc on an abit Abit NF7-S 2.0 cesar Abit 1 05-30-2004 01:51 AM