Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

MGA G-200 AGP Problem

 
 
Denis Wollenhaupt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-27-2004, 04:43 PM

Hi folks,

i have a Matrox G200 AGP video card. (MGA-G200A-D2) that stays black
until windows starts. Id like to use it in a router, but now Im not
sure, if its working stable.

Does anyone know this problem? I tried several mainboards, but always
the same symptom ...

Thanx,

Denis
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
DrSpider
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-28-2004, 03:56 PM
If this card has a TV out , turn it off,,
I had a G200-TV and when it was set to out put to TV was on , then my
monitor was black untill window started..

DrSpider


"Denis Wollenhaupt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Hi folks,

i have a Matrox G200 AGP video card. (MGA-G200A-D2) that stays black
until windows starts. Id like to use it in a router, but now Im not
sure, if its working stable.

Does anyone know this problem? I tried several mainboards, but always
the same symptom ...

Thanx,

Denis


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Denis Wollenhaupt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Hi DrSpider

ThanX for your reply, but cant be the problem. This card does not have
TV-OUT. Do you have any other ideas?

Bye,

Denis


__________________________________________________ ___________________

> If this card has a TV out , turn it off,,
> I had a G200-TV and when it was set to out put to TV was on , then my
> monitor was black untill window started..
>
> DrSpider

 
Reply With Quote
 
DrSpider
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Some information for you,,,

http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopi...ghlight=bootup
http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopi...ghlight=bootup


If this doesn't help, I don't know what else i can do.

DrSpider

"Denis Wollenhaupt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi DrSpider

ThanX for your reply, but cant be the problem. This card does not have
TV-OUT. Do you have any other ideas?

Bye,

Denis


__________________________________________________ ___________________

> If this card has a TV out , turn it off,,
> I had a G200-TV and when it was set to out put to TV was on , then my
> monitor was black untill window started..
>
> DrSpider



 
Reply With Quote
 
Richard Hopkins
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-30-2004, 12:10 PM

"Denis Wollenhaupt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ThanX for your reply, but cant be the problem. This card does
> not have TV-OUT. Do you have any other ideas?


The video card's BIOS is corrupted and needs reflashing. You'll need to
force reflash the BIOS and probably the card's PINS file too, although I
unfortunately don't have a G200 series file here. If you search the
matroxusers.com's forum you should be able to find what you need.
--


Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
(replace .nospam with .com in reply address)

The UK's leading technology reseller www.dabs.com
Get the most out of your digital photos www.dabsxpose.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Denis Wollenhaupt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-30-2004, 03:40 PM
hi richard,

thanx for your reply. I will try to do so.
Ill keep you up to date.

regards,

Denis



Richard Hopkins schrieb:
>
> "Denis Wollenhaupt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > ThanX for your reply, but cant be the problem. This card does
> > not have TV-OUT. Do you have any other ideas?

>
> The video card's BIOS is corrupted and needs reflashing. You'll need to
> force reflash the BIOS and probably the card's PINS file too, although I
> unfortunately don't have a G200 series file here. If you search the
> matroxusers.com's forum you should be able to find what you need.
> --
>
> Richard Hopkins
> Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
> (replace .nospam with .com in reply address)
>
> The UK's leading technology reseller www.dabs.com
> Get the most out of your digital photos www.dabsxpose.com

 
Reply With Quote
 
Richard Hopkins
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-31-2004, 01:55 PM

"Denis Wollenhaupt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi richard,
>
> thanx for your reply. I will try to do so.
> Ill keep you up to date.


Try looking here Denis:

http://grafi.ii.pw.edu.pl/gbm/matrox/

If you look through Grzegorz's site you'll find PINS files for the G200
series as well as the emergency BIOS flash instructions and recovery tools.

The only issue, and one I forgot to mention earlier, is that you'll need to
borrow (or find) a PCI graphics card of some sort in order to boot the
system in command line mode before you can get to fixing your Matrox.
--


Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
(replace .nospam with .com in reply address)

The UK's leading technology reseller www.dabs.com
Get the most out of your digital photos www.dabsxpose.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is a 2x/4x AGP v.2.0 slot compatible with the AGP 4x/8x slot? In other words, are 2x/4x AGP compatioble with 4x/8x AGP Video Cards? NIV Consulting Tyan 1 06-06-2007 11:04 AM
Wanted:MGA-RR/TVN Card brian. Matrox 0 10-05-2005 03:08 PM
EVIL Matrox Graphics Inc , STEALS MGA Settings/VIRTUAL DESKTOP from Windows 98, 2000 etc rogerclive@rock.com Intel 15 01-05-2005 06:07 AM
MGA/ MIL pci + philips chip Erez Volach Matrox 2 08-12-2003 10:08 AM
WTD MATROX IMPRESSION MGA-IMP/3/M/H Matrox 1 07-29-2003 11:55 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment