missing serial number in BIOS!

emebohw@netscape.net

Hello all. We use both Tivoli Inventory and MS SMS to handle pc
management and have problems with not getting serial numbers from the
bios or system enclosure data for several different models of thinkpad.
I have tried several tools (smbiosw.exe and smbios2.exe) to see if I
could see the serial number outside of our management software and I
have verified that it does not show up there either...so its not a
tivoli or SMS issue.

Anyone else come across this? If so interested in how to deal with
it...I called IBM and they told me to upgrade the BIOS and embedded
controller which did not resolve the issue.
-thanks

Number of Stars in the Universe vs. Number of Atoms in Human Body? diggerdo Embedded 1 03-02-2006 07:21 AM
HELP with telephone number for RMA request instead of the merry-go-round regular number. MUCH APPRECIATED!!! Roscoe Pendoscoe Nvidia 6 07-14-2004 08:08 PM
Can I get a recovey number w/o serial number? Dr John Compaq 8 04-27-2004 11:00 AM
KT7-A Serial Number Sling Abit 1 02-07-2004 01:44 PM
Re: p4c800 - where is the windvd suite serial number jlcarriere Asus 2 07-01-2003 07:19 AM