ML & iOS5- Sync Notes w/out iCloud?

Col. Pannick

I don't use the cloud. Since upgrading my iMac to Mountain Lion from
Lion, Notes quit syncing with my iOS5 devices. I don't see any Notes
sync options in iTunes/Device.

What am I missing?

Lewis

In message <jve28k$gu6$(E-Mail Removed)>
Col. Pannick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What am I missing?

iCloud.

--
CURSIVE WRITING DOES NOT MEAN WHAT I THINK IT DOES Bart chalkboard Ep.
2F11

Col. Pannick

On 8/3/12 7:03 AM, Lewis wrote:
> In message <jve28k$gu6$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Col. Pannick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> What am I missing?

> iCloud.

Right. Thanks for that-- but as I mentioned, I don't use it.

David Empson

Col. Pannick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I don't use the cloud. Since upgrading my iMac to Mountain Lion from
> Lion, Notes quit syncing with my iOS5 devices. I don't see any Notes
> sync options in iTunes/Device.
>
> What am I missing?

Mountain Lion does not support synchronizing Notes with iOS devices via
iTunes.

You can either use iCloud, or you can sync notes via an IMAP mail
account hosted elsewhere.

I was already syncing mine via an IMAP account on my own server, but I
switched over to iCloud as of Mountain Lion.

--
David Empson
(E-Mail Removed)

Col. Pannick

On 8/3/12 12:07 PM, David Empson wrote:
> Col. Pannick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I don't use the cloud. Since upgrading my iMac to Mountain Lion from
>> Lion, Notes quit syncing with my iOS5 devices. I don't see any Notes
>> sync options in iTunes/Device.
>>
>> What am I missing?

> Mountain Lion does not support synchronizing Notes with iOS devices via
> iTunes.
>
> You can either use iCloud, or you can sync notes via an IMAP mail
> account hosted elsewhere.
>
> I was already syncing mine via an IMAP account on my own server, but I
> switched over to iCloud as of Mountain Lion.

OK, thanks. Talk about taking away a useful feature to drive users to
where they want them-- their server farm!

Lewis

In message <jvgm61$fm8$(E-Mail Removed)>
Col. Pannick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 8/3/12 7:03 AM, Lewis wrote:
>> In message <jve28k$gu6$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Col. Pannick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> What am I missing?

>> iCloud.
>>

> Right. Thanks for that-- but as I mentioned, I don't use it.

Then you don't sync. Easy-peasy.

--
A TRAINED APE COULD NOT TEACH GYM Bart chalkboard Ep. AABF15

Col. Pannick

On 8/4/12 1:47 AM, Lewis wrote:
> In message <jvgm61$fm8$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Col. Pannick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 8/3/12 7:03 AM, Lewis wrote:
>>>
>>> iCloud.
>>>

>> Right. Thanks for that-- but as I mentioned, I don't use it.

> Then you don't sync. Easy-peasy.

.... except by using one of the third party apps some helpful folks
mentioned...

Jeff N

On 2012-08-03 21:59:52 +0000, Col. Pannick said:

> On 8/3/12 12:07 PM, David Empson wrote:
>> Col. Pannick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't use the cloud. Since upgrading my iMac to Mountain Lion from
>>> Lion, Notes quit syncing with my iOS5 devices. I don't see any Notes
>>> sync options in iTunes/Device.
>>>
>>> What am I missing?

>> Mountain Lion does not support synchronizing Notes with iOS devices via
>> iTunes.
>>
>> You can either use iCloud, or you can sync notes via an IMAP mail
>> account hosted elsewhere.
>>
>> I was already syncing mine via an IMAP account on my own server, but I
>> switched over to iCloud as of Mountain Lion.
>>

> OK, thanks. Talk about taking away a useful feature to drive users to
> where they want them-- their server farm!

Look on the bright side: it's one more step towards iTunes not being a
ridiculous chimera of functionality.
--
Software Engineer
(My posts reflect my opinions, not my employer's)