mobileMe - trial account to family account - which ID's

Marc Heusser

I intend to test mobileMe for its tools to access data via on the web,
which could be useful to me sometimes.
If I later decide to upgrade the trial account to a family account -
will the trial account automatically become the main account or can I
choose it to be one of the "smaller" accounts?
If it has to be the main account, then I'd rather create a "temporary"
account that I will not use anymore later on (probably using another
"disposable" e-mail address).

TIA

Marc

--
remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail
<http://www.heusser.com>

Marc Heusser

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Steve W. Jackson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Marc Heusser <(E-Mail Removed) d>
> wrote:
>
> > I intend to test mobileMe for its tools to access data via on the web,
> > which could be useful to me sometimes.
> > If I later decide to upgrade the trial account to a family account -
> > will the trial account automatically become the main account or can I
> > choose it to be one of the "smaller" accounts?
> > If it has to be the main account, then I'd rather create a "temporary"
> > account that I will not use anymore later on (probably using another
> > "disposable" e-mail address).
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Marc

> It's not clear what you mean by "accounts" in this case, as a trial
> MobileMe account is just that -- an account.

That is what I meant - the member name I provide for me.com.

> If you've got multiple
> email addresses, you likely either have multiple trial accounts or
> you've perhaps added aliases to one account.

I guess I cannot get multiple trial accounts for one e-mail address.
Fortunately I can provide multiple e-mail addresses.

> In any case, all you need to do is log in using the account you want to
> be the primary and either purchase direct from Apple while online or
> (cheaper, in my experience) you can purchase a MobileMe retail package
> elsewhere, like Amazon.com, and use the activation code it provides.

Unfortunately I live in Switzerland in the center of Europe, and
amazon.com ships that only to US addresses. I wil pay about double the
amazon.com price over here :-(
I guess there is not too much to get around that if amazon does not ship
to addresses outside of the US.

> When activating, you'll have to provide the member name and password.
> Then you can log into that account and proceed to add the other
> "accounts" (if they really are *not* email aliases) as family pack
> subaccounts.

I see, the member name I use for activating the retail
package/activation code becomes the primary account.

Marc