Is the Mobility Radeon 7500c comparable to a GeForce 3?

Eric Bloom

Hi:

Sys. req's for the game: Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, require a
video chip comparable to a GeForce 3 or greater.

Is the Radeon 7500c, used on the Sony Vaio 2.4GHz notebook comparable?

Thanks,
-Eric

Sparrow

The radeon 7500c is a lower clocked version of Ati's desktop radeon 7500.
The Desktop version of the radeon 8500 had similar performance to the GF3.
"Eric Bloom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi:
>
> Sys. req's for the game: Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, require a
> video chip comparable to a GeForce 3 or greater.
>
> Is the Radeon 7500c, used on the Sony Vaio 2.4GHz notebook comparable?
>
> Thanks,
> -Eric

Adam

ATI Radeon 7500 is a much slower card plus it only supports direct
7.0. There was no mobile version of the GeeForce 3. ATI 7500 is a very
good card for presentations, dvd playback, office or internet. I use
this card and it fulfills my needs very well. It also features
dual-vision support- being able to work on two monitorrs at the same
time. However, it is not an ideal graphics chipset for playing games.
I don't play games- not on the computer at least, so I don't know how
it would work with Prince of Persia.
Adam Szmacinski

(E-Mail Removed) (Eric Bloom) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> Hi:
>
> Sys. req's for the game: Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, require a
> video chip comparable to a GeForce 3 or greater.
>
> Is the Radeon 7500c, used on the Sony Vaio 2.4GHz notebook comparable?
>
> Thanks,
> -Eric

Mark Bell

It basically comes down to DX8 support required. If PoP requires DX8 hardware,
then you are out of luck.

On the other hand, if it works with DX7 hardware, then you can probably run it,
but you will need to decrease the details and resolution to get playable
framerates, since the Radeon 7500 is rather old and slow for modern games, but
it can still scrounge up a 4k+ score in 3DMark2k1SE.

Mrk

(E-Mail Removed) (Eric Bloom) spewed forth in such a glorious tone the following
gruel:

>Hi:
>
>Sys. req's for the game: Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, require a
>video chip comparable to a GeForce 3 or greater.
>
>Is the Radeon 7500c, used on the Sony Vaio 2.4GHz notebook comparable?
>
>Thanks,
>-Eric

P4-3.06ghz @ 3335mhz (FSB=144, Stock 1.55v 44c Max Load)
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro @ 343.5/343.5
SONY GDM-F520 21" Trinitron Monitor
Gigabyte 8PE667 i845PE Motherboard
Corsair PC3500 (DDR433) @ DDR375 2-2-2-6-1T
Maxtor Ultra/133 8mb cache Gold Series 120GB HD
Creative SB Audigy Platinum
16771 in 3DMark 2001SE 330
5715 in 3DMark 2003