Mobo feature search tool - inquiry about tool existence

Kern

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a mobo feature search
tool? Something where you could/can specify various features that you
want on a mainboard and the tool would show you which mainboards fit
the criteria or come close.

If there is such a thing, could someone please let me know where to
get it? Thanks.

Paul

Kern wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a mobo feature search
> tool? Something where you could/can specify various features that you
> want on a mainboard and the tool would show you which mainboards fit
> the criteria or come close.
>
> If there is such a thing, could someone please let me know where to
> get it? Thanks.

The only sites with a strong incentive to do something along those lines,
are the web retailers. I use www.newegg.com for a lot of research like
that. You don't have to buy there, and can figure out what you want, based
on what they stock. Naturally, you're not going to get to see everything
that way, but you'll see the popular stuff.

(An example - click advanced search)
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...l-Motherboards

This is another one. It is only as good, as the amount of info they've loaded,
and how up to date they keep it. Has some of the same issues as the Newegg one,
in terms of convenient or exact search terms. Sometimes, on the Newegg one,
I find myself adding a text string, to try to match a certain want, as the
menu items don't quite cut it.

http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/

Paul

How to detect the existence of a program, ie. Firefox on a Mac? justaguy Apple 77 12-17-2011 07:10 PM
Linux along with Windows booted from USB Stick (Co-existence of Linux& Windows) karthikbalaguru Embedded 22 01-23-2010 09:32 PM
need help with search feature Ramey Laptops 3 12-09-2006 01:33 AM
iPod Search Feature? Jim Apple 5 10-24-2006 07:51 PM
N4L-VM Existence? DaveLessnau Asus 0 04-14-2006 02:35 PM