modem drops out on Presario 6000

SHb

Compaq Presario 6000
Windows XP
Using Slow Dialup connection with factory modem

Connection drops out after 1 or 2 minutes, no warning or error messages..
Have to redial and reconnect every 2 minutes typical.
(even though connection drops I have to tell computer to disconnect before I
can reconnect)
Sometimes stays connected for 1/2 hour or more without dropping out.

Another computer works on this phone line.
Modem test says OK.

ISP says connection ok (same on 4 numbers)
any thoughts?
thank you

HH

Modems are cheap. Replace it.

HH

"SHb" <sherb@iNO_SPAMntergate.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Compaq Presario 6000
> Windows XP
> Using Slow Dialup connection with factory modem
>
> Connection drops out after 1 or 2 minutes, no warning or error messages..
> Have to redial and reconnect every 2 minutes typical.
> (even though connection drops I have to tell computer to disconnect before
> can reconnect)
> Sometimes stays connected for 1/2 hour or more without dropping out.
>
> Another computer works on this phone line.
> Modem test says OK.
>
> ISP says connection ok (same on 4 numbers)
> any thoughts?
> thank you

SHb

Will an external modem work with my compoooooter?

news:45f9aafc$0$509$(E-Mail Removed)...