monitor resolution and mercury motherboard 815e driver

ravinder thakur

hi all

i had win2k installed on my computer which has mercury motherboard
with 815e chipset. now i have upgraded to xp but found that the
motherboard CD dosnt have drivers for xp. on win2k i installed the
driver coming with motherborad cd and i was able to run the monitor on
1024x768 with refresh rate of 70. but on my xp installaiton with the
default driver i m only able to run it on 1024x768 with a refresh rate
of 60.this is bit annoying since there is too much of flickr on the
computer. i have tried installing the drivers from intel site but to
no effect.

does anybody knows how to updgrade the resolutino to 70 again ?

thanks
ravinder thakur

peter

You need to find the .inf file for your specific monitor and install it.
This tells XP what your monitor is capable of.Hopefully this will solve your
problem
peter
"ravinder thakur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> hi all
>

> i had win2k installed on my computer which has mercury motherboard
> with 815e chipset. now i have upgraded to xp but found that the
> motherboard CD dosnt have drivers for xp. on win2k i installed the
> driver coming with motherborad cd and i was able to run the monitor on
> 1024x768 with refresh rate of 70. but on my xp installaiton with the
> default driver i m only able to run it on 1024x768 with a refresh rate
> of 60.this is bit annoying since there is too much of flickr on the
> computer. i have tried installing the drivers from intel site but to
> no effect.
>
> does anybody knows how to updgrade the resolutino to 70 again ?
>

> thanks
> ravinder thakur

Ipaq C700-815E Multibay CD-R options Rich Jordan Compaq 1 02-05-2010 05:15 PM
Mercury PVT800X-L Motherboard - Memory Problem Pete Baston PC Hardware 2 12-27-2004 07:57 PM
Intel 815e DVD rom support Hottkaran Intel 0 08-25-2004 08:52 PM
MS-6337 v1.0 815E Pro Dead?? yawny MSI 0 02-01-2004 02:31 AM
Can I upgrade my 1GHz Compaq Deskpro EN Intel 815e to something worthwhile Ziggy Compaq 1 12-18-2003 08:40 PM