Monitoring power usage & temperature in Windows XP

Atreju

I have an Antec Sonata case with the TruePower power supply - 380W.
Is there a way in Windows XP to monitor the power consumption and/or
temperature and fan performance?

TIA

---Atreju---

Etno

"Atreju" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an Antec Sonata case with the TruePower power supply - 380W.
> Is there a way in Windows XP to monitor the power consumption and/or
> temperature and fan performance?
>
> TIA

Motherboard Monitor v5.3

"This handy program reads temperature and fan RPM data collected by your
system's BIOS, displays it in the Windows system tray, and alerts you when
there's trouble"

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...id,7309,00.asp

DaveW

No. That's done in your motherboard's BIOS, if it's done at all.

--
DaveW

"Atreju" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an Antec Sonata case with the TruePower power supply - 380W.
> Is there a way in Windows XP to monitor the power consumption and/or
> temperature and fan performance?
>
> TIA
>

> ---Atreju---

Ruel Smith (Big Daddy)

on Tue January 20 2004 5:26 pm, Atreju decided to enlighten us with:

> I have an Antec Sonata case with the TruePower power supply - 380W.
> Is there a way in Windows XP to monitor the power consumption and/or
> temperature and fan performance?

What motherboard do you use? Chances are, there is an application on the
provided CD that does this and allows you to OC your computer from withing
Windows. For Gigabyte, it's EasyTune. For MSI, it's Core Center. Check your
CD for something similar or go to your motherboard's website for a possible
download.

--
Big Daddy Ruel Smith

My SuSE Linux machine uptime:
7:21pm up 44 days 4:06, 2 users, load average: 0.47, 0.44, 0.32

My Windows XP machine uptime:
Something less...

Atreju

Thanks!

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:31:55 GMT, "Etno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Atreju" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I have an Antec Sonata case with the TruePower power supply - 380W.
>> Is there a way in Windows XP to monitor the power consumption and/or
>> temperature and fan performance?
>>
>> TIA
>>

>Motherboard Monitor v5.3
>
>"This handy program reads temperature and fan RPM data collected by your
>system's BIOS, displays it in the Windows system tray, and alerts you when
>there's trouble"
>
>http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...id,7309,00.asp

---Atreju---

Conor

In article <UpjPb.109217$xy6.295276@attbi_s02>, (E-Mail Removed) says...

http://mbm5.livewiredev.com

--
Conor

"The vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world.
And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."
- George Bush