Monitoring Temperature

Andreas Rainer

What Programs could be used to monitor the temperature of my graphic
card?

NVidia Geforce 6600 GT
OS: Windows XP SP2

I have installed ntune, but its not showing any settings, only empty
menus ...

Riva Tuner wasn't helping too :-(

Any ideas?

Andreas Rainer

rOn Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:54:14 +0100, Andreas Rainer
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

NTune 5.05.25 is being used on Windows XP SP2 ...

First of One

Give Everest a try. I can see the temps on both of my Radeon X1900XTs with
it.

"Andreas Rainer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> rOn Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:54:14 +0100, Andreas Rainer
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> NTune 5.05.25 is being used on Windows XP SP2 ...

DRS

"Andreas Rainer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> What Programs could be used to monitor the temperature of my graphic
> card?
>
> NVidia Geforce 6600 GT
> OS: Windows XP SP2
>
> I have installed ntune, but its not showing any settings, only empty
> menus ...

There is third-party Nvidia temperature monitoring utility called
NvTempLogger you can get at Guru3D.

I'm curious about the problem with nTune though. Someone I know just the
other day was complaining about just the same problem, whereas it works fine
on my motherboard, yet we both have nForce 4 chipsets.

oldwolf

"Andreas Rainer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What Programs could be used to monitor the temperature of my graphic
> card?
>
> NVidia Geforce 6600 GT
> OS: Windows XP SP2
>
> I have installed ntune, but its not showing any settings, only empty
> menus ...
>
> Riva Tuner wasn't helping too :-(
>
> Any ideas?

If I rmember correctly a lot of , if not most, 6600/gt's needed the temp
module enabled through a bios flash. I had to do it with my MSI 6600gt, and
6600.
If I can find the how-to link I will post here later.

oldwolf

Here you go, I just fired it up and it works fine.
No pics coz its an old article but you should be able to manage just fine by
reading the guide.
One point I will make..........READ THE GUIDE CAREFULLY!!!!!!
Whe you have read it through once, read it again!!!! Then follow the
instructions carefully.

I only emphasised this, as when I did it, there were lots of horror stories
about ppl stuffing their card coz they tried to hurry through it and get it
back in. Slow and careful will yield the best results. Enjoy and I hope
it works for you.

"oldwolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45de7da0$0$11603$(E-Mail Removed) u...

> "Andreas Rainer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What Programs could be used to monitor the temperature of my graphic
> > card?
> >
> > NVidia Geforce 6600 GT
> > OS: Windows XP SP2
> >
> > I have installed ntune, but its not showing any settings, only empty
> > menus ...
> >
> > Riva Tuner wasn't helping too :-(
> >
> > Any ideas?

> If I rmember correctly a lot of , if not most, 6600/gt's needed the temp
> module enabled through a bios flash. I had to do it with my MSI 6600gt,

and
> 6600.
> If I can find the how-to link I will post here later.

DRS

"oldwolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45de801a$0$9776$(E-Mail Removed)
> Here you go, I just fired it up and it works fine.
> No pics coz its an old article but you should be able to manage just
> fine by reading the guide.
> One point I will make..........READ THE GUIDE CAREFULLY!!!!!!
> Whe you have read it through once, read it again!!!! Then follow the
> instructions carefully.

You forgot to include the link.

oldwolf

I apologise but I swear it was there when I posted it. :-)
Any way lets try again shall we.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s...opic=2379&st=0

Let me know if it dont come through again, thanks.

"DRS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45de86c4$0$5416$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "oldwolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:45de801a$0$9776$(E-Mail Removed)
> > Here you go, I just fired it up and it works fine.
> > No pics coz its an old article but you should be able to manage just
> > fine by reading the guide.
> > One point I will make..........READ THE GUIDE CAREFULLY!!!!!!
> > Whe you have read it through once, read it again!!!! Then follow the
> > instructions carefully.

> You forgot to include the link.

DRS

"oldwolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45de88f0$0$15781$(E-Mail Removed) u
> I apologise but I swear it was there when I posted it. :-)
> Any way lets try again shall we.
>
> http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s...opic=2379&st=0
>
> Let me know if it dont come through again, thanks.

That's fine, but it only relates to video card temperature. What about
other Ntune Monitor parameters that aren't showing anything, like CPU temp?

McG.

"Andreas Rainer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What Programs could be used to monitor the temperature of my graphic
> card?
>
> NVidia Geforce 6600 GT
> OS: Windows XP SP2
>
> I have installed ntune, but its not showing any settings, only empty
> menus ...
>
> Riva Tuner wasn't helping too :-(
>
> Any ideas?

www.lavalys.com and give the Everest Ultimate Trial a shot. I've set it
to give me a transparent OSD with temps and fan speeds for CPU, 2 GPU's
and 3 HD temps and PSU fan speed. Then it does all that other stuff too

McG.