motherboard bios frustration

Junior Member

OK so I bought this pc package from best-buy
Its a lenovo k320
core i3 3.2 ghz
h57 chip-set
Ive noticed the bios string is hidden from view by the annoying lenovo boot splash and there are no options to disable it to show the power up post test. In adition to this once in the bios setting ther is no mention of bios manufacrurer other than its lenovo.
bios rev. 5lkt42a
bios block rev. 5l42a
as far as I can tell by running some searches of this board its a lenovo oem foxconn
L-IIXBM:V.1.0 Lenovo has it listed as IH57_ALC888S_82578DC mainboard .
Any info anybody has on this board would be great as I have scoured the internet and find very little help. Is there a compatible bios that would give me full control of this board instead of what lenovo has decided I need. I have a ton of numbers written down but they mean absolutely nothing to me.

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1 View Post
[...]
I have the same computer. From what I can tell its AMI bios. You can check by removing the keyboard and booting up then it will show the bios screen for a split second before it boots. Mine showed American Megatrends. Ive yet to get the bios unlocked.

NetVista 6269 BIOS update frustration vidal@worldonline.dk Intel 0 11-12-2004 08:13 PM
Dell Frustration Irene Gaffigan Dell 10 11-09-2004 09:50 PM
frustration over VIA 4in1 drivers Rick C. MSI 5 07-19-2004 10:05 AM
Battlefield 1942 Frustration!!! Big Fan Asus 4 06-12-2004 12:38 PM
8RDA+: Microphone problems and frustration Jon Heller Epox 3 05-08-2004 12:49 PM