Motherboard does not beep when PC boots up

Junior Member

My Gigabyte GA-8INXP motherboard does not beep when the PC is turned on and all I get is a blank screen. All the fans and lights start and I've tested all the components and monitor which all work. The only things that I can think of which are not working are either the motherboard itself or the CPU.

Can someone tell me why the motherboard doesn't beep (as it always does) and if this due to a problem with the motherboard or the CPU.

Thanks.

SYSTEM SPECS:

Gigabyte GA-8INXP motherboard ver 1.0 (with the latest BIOS loaded)
Pentium 4 / 3.06 GHz, 512Kb, 533MHz
4 x 1GB DDR PC3200, CL=3, Unbuffered, NON-ECC, DDR400
ATi Radeon X1950 Pro (AGPx8)
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
300 GB SATA Hard Drive
DVD +/- RW Drive (IDE)
Floppy Drive

Junior Member

Here's a picture of the CPU which seems fine apart from the bit inbetween the pins.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cpu.jpg (30.0 KB, 2 views)

MSI Mega 651 - Not booting - Long beep (pause) long beep njohn MSI 2 11-21-2007 05:54 PM
thinkpad R51 warm boots, but not cold boots. twhite17@gmail.com IBM Thinkpad 1 08-20-2007 06:25 AM
no POST beep, boots fine john Dell 4 05-29-2005 12:48 PM
A7V133-VM + PCI video = BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP? Lost Asus 2 11-13-2003 05:33 AM
BE7 - beep , beep beep zero Abit 9 10-07-2003 04:36 PM