Motherboard help at all? Please?

DreadStorm@gmail.com

I have a Packard Bell Maui motherboard (PB880). I wonder if someone
could describe or explain the pinouts for the front panel connector.
I'm going to rebuild this working board into a system (for tinkering
and development). Also, is there a front-panel USB port involved
anywhere?

Tom Lake

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Packard Bell Maui motherboard (PB880). I wonder if someone
> could describe or explain the pinouts for the front panel connector.
> I'm going to rebuild this working board into a system (for tinkering
> and development). Also, is there a front-panel USB port involved
> anywhere?

Try here:

http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/880.htm

Tom Lake

DreadStorm@gmail.com

On Mar 16, 4:40 am, "Tom Lake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > I have a Packard Bell Maui motherboard (PB880). I wonder if someone
> > could describe or explain the pinouts for the front panel connector.
> > I'm going to rebuild this working board into a system (for tinkering
> > and development). Also, is there a front-panel USB port involved
> > anywhere?

> Try here:
>
> http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/880.htm
>
> Tom Lake

Tried that one. That's what lead me to look for the pinouts. The
enlarged area below the main image is what I need. It has pin numbers,
but no identification as to what they are. Any other ideas? <begs>

DreadStorm@gmail.com

Scratch that last. I found it. It's not on my board, but it is on
the image, I see now. Thanks worlds! <bows>

See, I got the motherboard off eBay. Had an old Dell case that the MB
and PS were burnt. Since it's a mini board, and mini case, I now have
another system. (Had to rebuild a regular power supply into the
Dell power supply enclosure to do it, though.)

Again, thanks a lot!

Ben Myers

FWIW, the Maui motherboard was made for PB by Intel, so its front panel pinout
is standard among Intel-made Slot 1 boards of the same era:

Pin# Description
1 HD LED Pullup
2 Front panel green LED
3 Hard disk active LED