Motion adds Indoor-Outdoor View Anywhere screen option to M1400

terri

http://motioncomputing.com/about/new...ase_072004.asp

--
Terri Stratton
Microsoft Windows MVP / Tablet PC

JDTHREE [MVP]

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:15:58 -0700, "terri" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>http://motioncomputing.com/about/new...ase_072004.asp

Finally.

Glad to see it available now.

John

terri

Me, too. Now to get one!

--
Terri Stratton
Microsoft Windows MVP / Tablet PC
http://thetabletpc.net
Expert Zone - http://microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/default.asp

"JDTHREE [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:15:58 -0700, "terri" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>http://motioncomputing.com/about/new...ase_072004.asp

> Finally.
>
> Glad to see it available now.
>
> John

Terri K. Schurter

I just got off the phone with Infocater. I ordered the Bundle #5
which is the 1400 with the view anywhere screen. Nina, who took my
order, told me that she expects Motion to ship the first units to her
on Friday. She expects to be able to ship mine to me on Thursday the
29th with priority shipping and I should recieve it on the 30th just
in time to configure it for a trip the next day. I am really excited.

At one point I was dead certain I wanted a Motion, but I wanted a view
anywhere screen which they didn't have for the 1400. Then I got
sidetracked thinking about pressure sensitive displays because I teach
art, but I really don't think that I will use the tablet for art since
I have a high resolution laptop that I don't even use much for art. I
always end up at a desktop when I have to work in Photoshop anyway.

I was going to try to make myself wait another year before getting a
tablet, but something snapped in my brain when I saw the view anywhere
screen paired with the 1400. I just went crazy and had to have it.

I'll let you all know what I think of it. I am sure I will love it
and I am so excited about finally joining the tablet community.

Terri

"terri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Me, too. Now to get one!
>
> --
> Terri Stratton
> Microsoft Windows MVP / Tablet PC
> http://thetabletpc.net
> Expert Zone - http://microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/default.asp
>

> "JDTHREE [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:15:58 -0700, "terri" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>http://motioncomputing.com/about/new...ase_072004.asp

> > Finally.
> >
> > Glad to see it available now.
> >
> > John

Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS]

The other side of the coin is I'm sorry I didn't wait an extra 1 1/2 months
to buy my M1400. Motion didn't know exactly when View Anywhere would be
available on the 1400 in mid May, and they can't be retrofit (of course).
Not that I dislike the existing screen, mind you, its one of the finest I've
ever seen; when they say "Wide viewing angle", they MEAN it!

So far, I've had the rubber pads in the flip-up supports on the hard top
keyboard come unglued which got it a trip back to the factory (they don't
sell ANY repair parts), and, just yesterday, I attempted to flash the BIOS
with the latest version (just posted at Motion's site) and it locked up
right in the middle of the process, hosing the whole machine, so its headed
for the factory also.

Ha
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"terri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Me, too. Now to get one!
>
> --
> Terri Stratton
> Microsoft Windows MVP / Tablet PC
> http://thetabletpc.net
> Expert Zone - http://microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/default.asp
>

> "JDTHREE [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:15:58 -0700, "terri" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>http://motioncomputing.com/about/new...ase_072004.asp

> > Finally.
> >
> > Glad to see it available now.
> >
> > John

Grant Robertson

In article <RjRLc.21943$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)OVE says...
> I just need to open my eyes for the answer. From the Motion press release:
> unique tablet PC option for users who want an indoor-viewable screen that is
> equally suited for outdoor use -- is now available to complement the
> acclaimed wide-viewing angle capabilities of Motion’s M1400 Tablet PC.

That doesn't necessarily say anything. Just because something compliments
a feature in another product doesn't mean it actually has the feature
itself. Marketing types get paid big bucks to make up copy that sounds
like it is saying what you want but really doesn't. Call me the eternal
cynic but you really should call the manufacturer to double check before
shelling out your hard earned bucks if that feature is really important
to you.

terri

Yes, Danno, it has both.

--
Terri Stratton
Microsoft Windows MVP / Tablet PC
http://thetabletpc.net
Expert Zone - http://microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/default.asp

"Danno" <(E-Mail Removed) TO SEND> wrote in message
news:RjRLc.21943$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just need to open my eyes for the answer. From the Motion press release:
> unique tablet PC option for users who want an indoor-viewable screen that
> is
> equally suited for outdoor use -- is now available to complement the
> acclaimed wide-viewing angle capabilities of Motion’s M1400 Tablet PC.
>
> "Danno" <(E-Mail Removed) TO SEND> wrote in message
> news:agRLc.21918$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Does the 1400 view anywhere screen still have the same wide viewing angle
>> capability?
>>
>> These are very critical parameters I fight now with my Fujitsu T3010.
>>
>> dan
>>
>> "Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > The other side of the coin is I'm sorry I didn't wait an extra 1 1/2

>> months
>> > to buy my M1400. Motion didn't know exactly when View Anywhere would
>> > be
>> > available on the 1400 in mid May, and they can't be retrofit (of

> course).
>> > Not that I dislike the existing screen, mind you, its one of the finest

>> I've
>> > ever seen; when they say "Wide viewing angle", they MEAN it!
>> >
>> > So far, I've had the rubber pads in the flip-up supports on the hard
>> > top
>> > keyboard come unglued which got it a trip back to the factory (they

> don't
>> > sell ANY repair parts), and, just yesterday, I attempted to flash the

> BIOS
>> > with the latest version (just posted at Motion's site) and it locked up
>> > right in the middle of the process, hosing the whole machine, so its

>> headed
>> > for the factory also.
>> >
>> > Ha
>> > --
>> > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)
>> > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
>> > http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
>> > KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
>> > Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>> >
>> > "terri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)>

Terri K. Schurter

This is a followup to my own posting...

Since I ordered the tablet I went out and bought "The Absolute
Beginner's Guide to Tablet PCs" by Craig Forrest Mathews, which I
found to be very interesting reading. I am glad I got it. Reading
that book combined with reading posts here on the newsgroup made me
realize that my decision to purchase the Motion at this time was more
motivated by the desire to have the tablet for a specific trip (and
the desire to be an early adopter)than it was motivated by a well
thought out decision making process. When I got to Chapter 3 in the
book about usage senarios I read a couple senerios and then felt so
conflicted I skipped to Chapter 4 because I was afraid I would feel I
had made the wrong choice if I read on.

Then I started reading the posts about the battery life of the
Scribbler here, which I had thought about previously, and I had to
start listening to the nagging voice that kept asking, "What the hell
are you doing?" A tablet of some sort is going to be right for me at
some point. I don't think it is ever really an easy decision to make
because there are sacrifices no matter what unit you buy. The fact
that I still have a functioning notebook made me feel more comfortable
with a tablet as a supplement, but then I started asking myself how I
would feel when the notebook bit the dust. My dependence on touch
typing as my primary means of expressing myself makes me think that I
will be better off being able to swivel a keyboard into place rather
than having to connect one via usb each time I want to use it. The
fact that I have my notebook sitting on an Airdesk, which would be
unstable for a Motion slate and keybaord combo also plays a part in my
concern.

So... for now... I will delay gratification once again... man I'm
getting good at this... and wait until the laptop bites the dust. At
that point I may get a light convertable like the Acer, and invest in
a battery slice from Electrovaya to supplement the power.

Terri, I know you were looking forward to a review, so I am sorry to
disappoint you, but I certainly look forward to hearing what you have
to say when you finally get your hands on your own 1400 with the view
anywhere screen.

Terri
(the other Terri) :-)

(E-Mail Removed) (Terri K. Schurter) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I just got off the phone with Infocater. I ordered the Bundle #5
> which is the 1400 with the view anywhere screen. Nina, who took my
> order, told me that she expects Motion to ship the first units to her
> on Friday. She expects to be able to ship mine to me on Thursday the
> 29th with priority shipping and I should recieve it on the 30th just
> in time to configure it for a trip the next day. I am really excited.
>
> At one point I was dead certain I wanted a Motion, but I wanted a view
> anywhere screen which they didn't have for the 1400. Then I got
> sidetracked thinking about pressure sensitive displays because I teach
> art, but I really don't think that I will use the tablet for art since
> I have a high resolution laptop that I don't even use much for art. I
> always end up at a desktop when I have to work in Photoshop anyway.
>
> I was going to try to make myself wait another year before getting a
> tablet, but something snapped in my brain when I saw the view anywhere
> screen paired with the 1400. I just went crazy and had to have it.
>
> I'll let you all know what I think of it. I am sure I will love it
> and I am so excited about finally joining the tablet community.
>
> Terri
>
> "terri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Me, too. Now to get one!
> >
> > --
> > Terri Stratton
> > Microsoft Windows MVP / Tablet PC
> > http://thetabletpc.net
> > Expert Zone - http://microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/default.asp
> >

> > "JDTHREE [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > Finally.
> > >
> > > Glad to see it available now.
> > >
> > > John

Chris H.

Terri, the "other" Terri had a tragedy in her family over the weekend,
otherwise I know she would be responding.

From my point of view, almost any Tablet PC is better than a desktop or
laptop. It grows on you, like a good paperback novel. The more you use it,
the easier and more convenient it will become.

We all have "buyer's remorse," whether it is a new home, automobile or
computer. I'll guarantee you I could go buy (if I had the money) a new
computer today, and tomorrow I'd see a better one for less money. 8-)
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Terri K. Schurter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> [...]
>> always end up at a desktop when I have to work in Photoshop anyway.
>>
>> I was going to try to make myself wait another year before getting a
>> tablet, but something snapped in my brain when I saw the view anywhere
>> screen paired with the 1400. I just went crazy and had to have it.
>>
>> I'll let you all know what I think of it. I am sure I will love it
>> and I am so excited about finally joining the tablet community.
>>
>> Terri
>>
>> "terri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:<#(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> > Me, too. Now to get one!
>> >
>> > --
>> > Terri Stratton
>> > Microsoft Windows MVP / Tablet PC
>> > http://thetabletpc.net
>> > Expert Zone - http://microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/default.asp

Motion M1400 & Toshiba M200 Tablet PC Comparison? Spawn Tablet PC 9 04-14-2004 04:51 AM
Motion M1400 & M1300 CTRom Tablet PC 1 04-11-2004 05:03 AM
Motion M1400 or Toshiba M200 ? Which is better screen viewing? Spawn Tablet PC 0 04-09-2004 12:06 AM
Motion M1400 announced terri Tablet PC 6 04-08-2004 06:40 PM
Black? Convertible vs Slate? 512 vs 768 vs 1024 MB RAM? Motion's View Anywhere screen vs. Toshiba M200 1400x1050 Resolution screen, "b" vs "g" wireless: Please help decide! Health Nut Tablet PC 3 02-06-2004 05:35 PM