MS-6378: Allocating RAM to Video does not word

Peter Tögel

I am using the MS-6378 board with built in video.
My system hat 512 MB of RAM.

Regardless of the BIOS-settings under AGB Aperture size and Video RAM
Cacheable, the system is only using 8 MB for video purpose. But I want to
increade the video-RAM.

Who can help?

Peter

Chris

Hi
Increasing the VideoRam of a Onboard GraphicCard
is impossible (I think so), because the chip is onboard.
128MB Ram

"Peter Tögel" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:400fbbdc$0$24423$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am using the MS-6378 board with built in video.
> My system hat 512 MB of RAM.
>
> Regardless of the BIOS-settings under AGB Aperture size and Video RAM
> Cacheable, the system is only using 8 MB for video purpose. But I want to
> increade the video-RAM.
>
> Who can help?
>
> Peter

Peter Tögel

I stick to the opinion, that RAM ist sharable between video and regular
memory...
Ich habe die Auffassung, dass das RAM zwischen Video und normalem Speicher
aufgeteilt werden kann...

Peter

"Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:buojj0$js2mk$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Hi
> Increasing the VideoRam of a Onboard GraphicCard
> is impossible (I think so), because the chip is onboard.
> 128MB Ram
>
> "Peter Tögel" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:400fbbdc$0$24423$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am using the MS-6378 board with built in video.
> > My system hat 512 MB of RAM.
> >
> > Regardless of the BIOS-settings under AGB Aperture size and Video RAM
> > Cacheable, the system is only using 8 MB for video purpose. But I want

> > increade the video-RAM.
> >
> > Who can help?
> >
> > Peter

Chris

"Peter Tögel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<400fbbdc$0$24423$(E-Mail Removed)>.. .
> I am using the MS-6378 board with built in video.
> My system hat 512 MB of RAM.
>
> Regardless of the BIOS-settings under AGB Aperture size and Video RAM
> Cacheable, the system is only using 8 MB for video purpose. But I want to
> increade the video-RAM.

I have a 6580 and 8mb is the max for it. There is an option in the
BIOS though to change it.

Michel

Chris wrote:

> "Peter Tögel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<400fbbdc$0$24423$(E-Mail Removed)>.. .
>> I am using the MS-6378 board with built in video.
>> My system hat 512 MB of RAM.
>>
>> Regardless of the BIOS-settings under AGB Aperture size and Video RAM
>> Cacheable, the system is only using 8 MB for video purpose. But I want to
>> increade the video-RAM.
>>

> I have a 6580 and 8mb is the max for it. There is an option in the
> BIOS though to change it.

I think nobody

MSI FAQ said
Can I disable the on-board video of MS-6378?
No, you cannot. This is chipset limitation

Michel