Anna

I have a Compaq Evo D310 computer with the Microstar MS-6541 motherboard
installed. My nephew gave it to me as a gift. It came with the Geforce 4mx
420 video card installed. I know my way around the bios pretty much, as to
what not to touch and what's okay. I was wondering why the Micro-star VGA
Controller was enabled. If you have a different video card installed
shouldn't it be disabled? I have no book for the computer. As it didn't come
with one and Compaq's website is no help. If anyone could send me some
information on the motherboard or the computer that would be nice. Thanks.

Anna

Glenn

Do have some basic details somewhere about this board. Will try to find them
and email them to you.

From what I remember, the onboard graphics are automatically disabled if an
AGP card is plugged in.

Glenn

"Anna" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:v4bnd.44$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Compaq Evo D310 computer with the Microstar MS-6541 motherboard
> installed. My nephew gave it to me as a gift. It came with the Geforce 4mx
> 420 video card installed. I know my way around the bios pretty much, as to
> what not to touch and what's okay. I was wondering why the Micro-star VGA
> Controller was enabled. If you have a different video card installed
> shouldn't it be disabled? I have no book for the computer. As it didn't
> come
> with one and Compaq's website is no help. If anyone could send me some
> information on the motherboard or the computer that would be nice. Thanks.
>
> Anna

Junior Member

I know this is about 4 years too late, but for those finding this page through a search engine (such as me) while trying to find information about this motherboard, try this page which has info on the MS-6541 Motherboard.

Junior Member

what is the fullform of msi.......help me it ring my mind again n againhttp://www.motherboardpoint.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif
http://www.motherboardpoint.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif