ms 7005 - which bios - and usb not recognized for F8

q_q_anonymous@yahoo.co.uk

I have an ms 7005 ver 2 (says on the MBRD).

the cloest I find on the msi site is this link which I got in the
instructions for flashiong the bios
http://www.msi.com.tw/support/bios/more.php

seems this is closest
7005 ver 11

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/search...TA=1&bios=7005

also
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...UID=478&kind=1
(perhaps I have 651M-L, since that BIOS is also 7005 v11)

my chipset is SiS 651/962L

is that the right firmware BIOS upgrade?

Secondly, USB is recognized for the BIOS and in windows, but not
during. I can't do F8. and get that windows menu for e.g. safe mode.

that BIOS upgrade doesn't list that problem fixed. I know it's a
firmware issue , seems strange for thre not to be a fix.
i'd like to try that BIOS upgrade but am not sure if it's right for my
board. And the only problem i'm really itnerested in flashing for is
the USB issue

thanks

q_q_anonymous@yahoo.co.uk

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have an ms 7005 ver 2 (says on the MBRD).
>
> the cloest I find on the msi site is this link which I got in the
> instructions for flashiong the bios
> http://www.msi.com.tw/support/bios/more.php
>
> seems this is closest
> 7005 ver 11
>
> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/search...TA=1&bios=7005
>
> also
> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...UID=478&kind=1
> (perhaps I have 651M-L, since that BIOS is also 7005 v11)
>
> my chipset is SiS 651/962L
>
> is that the right firmware BIOS upgrade?
>
> Secondly, USB is recognized for the BIOS and in windows, but not
> during. I can't do F8. and get that windows menu for e.g. safe mode.
>
> that BIOS upgrade doesn't list that problem fixed. I know it's a
> firmware issue , seems strange for thre not to be a fix.
> i'd like to try that BIOS upgrade but am not sure if it's right for my
> board. And the only problem i'm really itnerested in flashing for is
> the USB issue
>
> thanks

was the right BIOS.

The USB keyb's F8 issue / win9X boot disc issue, was solved. USB is
enabled in an obscure part of the phoenix bios.
Under "integrated peripherals" then under OnChip PCI device.