MS-7060 Ver1 Motherboard

Jonas Pintarolas

Hi,

Im no computer expert but Ive upgraded my system an now I have been put
before a new challenge!
I have a friend who is the owner of a computer based on the motherborad
listed above (MS-7060 Ver1) which came with a 40GB harddisk. He wants to
replace the ide disk with a 320 GB Sata II WD hard disk. My questions are
the following:
1 - What is the maximum size allowed?
2 - Is Sata II supported by this motherboard?
3- Can I use the Sata drive as the only hard disk installed, or do I
have to use the ide as a boot drive?

Best regards

Jonas

P.S. Forgive my bad English!

Grunion

661FM2-LSR
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p...2-LSR&class=mb

"Supports 2 Serial ATA 150 ports w/ RAID 0, RAID 1"

He is limited to SATA "I." There would be little, if any, real world
preformance improvement over the present IDE drive. For the sake of
ease, I'd leave the present drive where it was, and add the second one.

I'm unaware of a HD size limit.

Grun

Jonas Pintarolas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im no computer expert but Ive upgraded my system an now I have been put
> before a new challenge!
> I have a friend who is the owner of a computer based on the motherborad
> listed above (MS-7060 Ver1) which came with a 40GB harddisk. He wants to
> replace the ide disk with a 320 GB Sata II WD hard disk. My questions are
> the following:
> 1 - What is the maximum size allowed?
> 2 - Is Sata II supported by this motherboard?
> 3- Can I use the Sata drive as the only hard disk installed, ordo I
> have to use the ide as a boot drive?
>
> Best regards
>
> Jonas
>
> P.S. Forgive my bad English!

Jonas Pintarolas

Hi,

thanks fot your answer!

Best regards

Jonas

"Grunion" <(E-Mail Removed)> escreveu na mensagem
news:4537feec$(E-Mail Removed)...

Jonas Pintarolas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im no computer expert but Ive upgraded my system an now I have been put
> before a new challenge!
> I have a friend who is the owner of a computer based on the motherborad
> listed above (MS-7060 Ver1) which came with a 40GB harddisk. He wants to
> replace the ide disk with a 320 GB Sata II WD hard disk. My questions are
> the following:
> 1 - What is the maximum size allowed?
> 2 - Is Sata II supported by this motherboard?
> 3- Can I use the Sata drive as the only hard disk installed, or do
> I have to use the ide as a boot drive?
>
> Best regards
>
> Jonas
>
> P.S. Forgive my bad English!

KT7A-RAID ver1.1 and memory uno ono Abit 2 10-10-2005 07:39 AM
GA-8KNXP ver1.0 Barabas Gigabyte 22 01-14-2005 11:46 PM
NF7-S ver1 400 FSB /dev/null Abit 6 04-21-2004 10:10 PM
P4ITA Ver1.0 Jose Mari Q. ECS 2 01-05-2004 08:49 PM
MS-5153 ver1, where can I find older manuals and bios? Skier MSI 0 07-21-2003 04:00 AM