MSI 975x (ms-7246) USB problem

Junior Member

Hi so this is my first post here and I hope yall can help me. I've had this mobo for awhile and for the most part have been happy with it, but one problem that I constantly face is that it wont recognize items I plug into the rear USB ports. The ports are live and they even see an external seagate drive I have. Yet while it charges my ipod it doesnt actually SEE the ipod, and I have the same issue with most other USB devices. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for all USB ports, I have also tried a solution others have said which was to turn off the machine and turn it back on with the items plugged in, still doesnt work. I am wondering at this point if theres any third party programs I can use to bypass the usual pathing to the ports and let the machine see the items plugged in. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by Tuhati; 10-19-2008 at 03:44 PM..

Anyone have experience with the MSI-975X mobo? William MSI 0 10-24-2006 09:48 PM
NVidia SLI with Intel 975X motherboards possible? Southpaw Overclocking 2 09-30-2006 12:07 AM
975X vs. 965 chipset? Nobody Intel 3 07-20-2006 10:28 AM
Re 975X or new Asus lol Dave Asus 0 12-23-2005 01:49 AM
New 975X Dave Asus 2 12-23-2005 01:48 AM