MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R SATA CD/DVD Support

Junior Member

I have a MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R mobo and I was wondering if it will support the use of a SATA cd/dvd drive. I have 2 Hitachi 160GB hdd's on one of the controllers which the bios recognizes. If I connect the SATA cd/dvd drive to the Promise controller, the bios doesn't see it at all. If I connect it to the VIA controller it sees the drive but wants to try to use it in a RAID array. If anyone can give me any viable input on this it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.