MSI K9N neo-f board and a additional PCI graphics card

news

anyone know if adding a second graphics card to get 4 monitors will work
with this board.
tried a ATI PCI card and it didnt work.
it bypassed the PCI-E video card

SP Goodman

"news" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> anyone know if adding a second graphics card to get 4 monitors will work
> with this board.
> tried a ATI PCI card and it didnt work.
> it bypassed the PCI-E video card

I suspect it would make more sense to use a 2nd PCI-E card - they're
actually made for such use aren't they?

--
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...de_scientology
http://BuffaloScientologyInfo.com - http://www.xenu.net

Rev. Norle Enturbulata
"Church" of Cartoonism
*
* " You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way
you can control anybody is to lie to them."
* -- L. Ron Hubbard, "Technique 88"
*
* "...Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her
crimes, known and unknown. And act completely confident that those crimes
exist...."
* L. Ron Hubbard, "Critics of Scientology", November 5, 1967
*
* "All men shall be my slaves! All women shall succumb to my charms! All
mankind shall grovel at my feet and not know why!"
- L. Ron Hubbard, "Personal Affirmations"

news

how can you put a PCI-E card in a PCI slot ?

"SP Goodman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44f6e6ba$(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org...

> "news" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > anyone know if adding a second graphics card to get 4 monitors will work
> > with this board.
> > tried a ATI PCI card and it didnt work.
> > it bypassed the PCI-E video card

> I suspect it would make more sense to use a 2nd PCI-E card - they're
> actually made for such use aren't they?
>
> --
> http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...de_scientology
> http://BuffaloScientologyInfo.com - http://www.xenu.net
> http://PerkinsTragedy.org - http://www.xenutv.net
> http://xenu.com-it.net/txt/ildikoe.htm
> http://www.xenu.net
> http://www.xenutv.com
> http://www.scientology-lies.com
> http://www.whyaretheydead.net
> http://www.scientology-kills.org
>
> Rev. Norle Enturbulata
> "Church" of Cartoonism
> *
> * " You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only

way
> you can control anybody is to lie to them."
> * -- L. Ron Hubbard, "Technique 88"
> *
> * "...Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her
> crimes, known and unknown. And act completely confident that those crimes
> exist...."
> * L. Ron Hubbard, "Critics of Scientology", November 5, 1967
> *
> * "All men shall be my slaves! All women shall succumb to my charms! All
> mankind shall grovel at my feet and not know why!"
> - L. Ron Hubbard, "Personal Affirmations"

SP Goodman

The K9N Neo has 1 PCI-E x16 and 2 PCI-E slots.
http://www.msicomputer.co.uk/product...duct_id=703670

> how can you put a PCI-E card in a PCI slot ?
>
> "SP Goodman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:44f6e6ba$(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org...
>>
>> "news" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > anyone know if adding a second graphics card to get 4 monitors will
>> > work
>> > with this board.
>> > tried a ATI PCI card and it didnt work.
>> > it bypassed the PCI-E video card

>> I suspect it would make more sense to use a 2nd PCI-E card - they're
>> actually made for such use aren't they?
>>
>> --
>> http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...de_scientology
>> http://BuffaloScientologyInfo.com - http://www.xenu.net
>> http://PerkinsTragedy.org - http://www.xenutv.net
>> http://xenu.com-it.net/txt/ildikoe.htm
>> http://www.xenu.net
>> http://www.xenutv.com
>> http://www.scientology-lies.com
>> http://www.whyaretheydead.net
>> http://www.scientology-kills.org
>>
>> Rev. Norle Enturbulata
>> "Church" of Cartoonism
>> *
>> * " You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only

> way
>> you can control anybody is to lie to them."
>> * -- L. Ron Hubbard, "Technique 88"
>> *
>> * "...Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her
>> crimes, known and unknown. And act completely confident that those crimes
>> exist...."
>> * L. Ron Hubbard, "Critics of Scientology", November 5, 1967
>> *
>> * "All men shall be my slaves! All women shall succumb to my charms! All
>> mankind shall grovel at my feet and not know why!"
>> - L. Ron Hubbard, "Personal Affirmations"

Dave P

"news" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> anyone know if adding a second graphics card to get 4 monitors will work
> with this board.
> tried a ATI PCI card and it didnt work.
> it bypassed the PCI-E video card

I run 3 dual head cards with my K9N Platinum, 6 monitors.
1 PCI-E 16
and 2 PCI's
All 3 Nvidia chipsets.
Was running 6 monitors with my K8T Neo also. Just swapped out the AGP for
PCI-E with this board.

DaveP

news

non SLI mode ?
assuming platinum is SLI

i think the issue is with ATI card drivers/install software
they suck and get confused with 2 ATI cards