msi kt3v wrong cpu detected

jay

I have a msi kt3v mb and a xp 2000. the boot screen and in windows detects
it as a duron. Im thinking I need to update the bios. But I have only done
it a few times I was wondering if anybody could tell me which version to get
and how to update. Also iHave seen this live update feature is any good.
Thanks Jay

mike

If you install Live Update (should be on the cd that came with your mb) it
will search for all available updates for your MSI motherboard, or other MSI
hardware. Then you just download it and install it. There are instructions
provided for flashing the bios. I think it's an excellent tool. It makes
staying up to date very easy.

news:veheb.65$(E-Mail Removed). com...

Wrong CPU speed detected Joe Hardware 2 02-20-2004 04:51 AM
mb and windows wrong cpu detected jay AMD Thunderbird 4 10-05-2003 06:34 PM
oveclocking duron 1.3 + mainboard MSI KT3V Gzylo AMD Overclocking 0 10-05-2003 01:09 PM
HDD failure on MSI 6712 (KT3V) Erik Andersson MSI 6 09-17-2003 09:17 PM
Silicon Image RAID Card with MSI KT3V D Ray MSI 2 09-10-2003 02:49 AM