MSI P965 Neo-F Front Panel Audio problems

Matt

Hi

I recently purchased a MSI P965 mainboard and a Thermaltake Matrix VX case.
Everything works fine except the front panel audio connectors of the
case. The mainboard manual says that the connector is compatible with
Intel Front Panel I/O Design. I believe, the front audio of the
Thermaltake case is AC97 style.

The case has the following (separate) pins:

MIC-VCC
MIC-IN
GND
EAR L
EAR R
LINE L
LINE R

On the mainboard the pins are named as follows:

1 PORT 1L
2 GND
3 PORT 1R
4 PRESENCE#
5 PORT 2R
6 SENSE1_RETURN
7 SENSE_SEND
8 KEY
9 PORT 2L
10 SENSE2_RETURN

I've tried the following configuration so far:

MIC-VCC 3
MIC-IN 1
GND 2
EAR L 10
EAR R 6
LINE L 9
LINE R 5

I also activated AC97 front panel support in the Realtek audio
configuration panel.
Unfortunately, nothing happens when I plug in headphones, there's still
sound on the speakers and no sound in the headphones.

If you know how it has to be configured correctly, please enlighten me.

Matt

Junior Member

Hi there,

I have the same kinda problem, did u find any solution to yours ?

~sazwqa