Motherboard Forums

A MUCH Needed Upgrade

03-05-2008, 01:47 AM
Hi there. I'm having some trouble and I haven't been able to find any help online, so I'm hoping someone will be able to shine some light on my problem here.

I have a 2002 VPR Matrix computer with an Intel Motherboard D845BGL/LABEBGSTD2. It originally had 256 MB of DDR SDRAM and a Pentium 4 Processor at 1.79 ghz (1.80).

I've upgraded everything but the processor over the years. Tonight, I finally went through with it and put in a Pentium 4 at 2.26 ghz from a computer with a broken motherboard. Now, my computer is recognizing it in SYSTEM as a 2.26 ghz model, but then under that it says 1.70 ghz. In msinfo, it says 1675 mhz...so it's definitely only reading it as a 1.7 ghz processor.

It's compatible at some degree apparently, but there is really no difference in speed because it's not recognized as what it truly is.

What should I do? Can I get my bios to notice the upgrade and increase the speed of my computer, or is this just not going to work?

I know I can arrange the pins on the motherboard, but I have no idea what the look like or where they are. I can't even get into my bios right now because my USB keyboard doesn't work until XP starts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

03-05-2008, 11:43 PM
I can get into my BIOS since I found my old ps2 keyboard. Still, I need help with this so anyone that has any clue if this will work, please let me know.

Thank you.