A MUCH Needed Upgrade

Junior Member

Hi there. I'm having some trouble and I haven't been able to find any help online, so I'm hoping someone will be able to shine some light on my problem here.

I have a 2002 VPR Matrix computer with an Intel Motherboard D845BGL/LABEBGSTD2. It originally had 256 MB of DDR SDRAM and a Pentium 4 Processor at 1.79 ghz (1.80).

I've upgraded everything but the processor over the years. Tonight, I finally went through with it and put in a Pentium 4 at 2.26 ghz from a computer with a broken motherboard. Now, my computer is recognizing it in SYSTEM as a 2.26 ghz model, but then under that it says 1.70 ghz. In msinfo, it says 1675 mhz...so it's definitely only reading it as a 1.7 ghz processor.

It's compatible at some degree apparently, but there is really no difference in speed because it's not recognized as what it truly is.

What should I do? Can I get my bios to notice the upgrade and increase the speed of my computer, or is this just not going to work?

I know I can arrange the pins on the motherboard, but I have no idea what the look like or where they are. I can't even get into my bios right now because my USB keyboard doesn't work until XP starts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Junior Member

I can get into my BIOS since I found my old ps2 keyboard. Still, I need help with this so anyone that has any clue if this will work, please let me know.

Thank you.

How much are these worth, or rather, how much would you pay for these laptops? bookshi Laptops 2 08-14-2006 11:16 PM
how much is too much RzR Asus 1 12-19-2005 03:35 PM
How Much Fan Noise is Too Much? Alan S. Wales Dell 11 04-13-2004 03:40 AM
How much is to much on NF7-S version 2.0 + 2500+ AMD barton Delfs Abit 8 02-26-2004 09:33 PM
How much Power needed for a 8KNXP w/ P4C 2.8 HT ? JDcluster Gigabyte 2 09-30-2003 04:56 PM